Small 47cc motorcycle block???

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by echotraveler, Aug 26, 2008.

1. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

heres the idea...are there any really small 4 stroke block? i mean like a miniature of a giant....

i was dreaming the other day with a miniature 6 cylinder engine...with something like a turbo cooller or something like

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

yeah google mineature engines
  3. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

There are lots of 50cc four stroke motorcycle and scooter engines out there, but because of their transmissions, they are too big for a motorized bike IMO.

If you were talking about a 50cc miniature 6 cylinder engine, I think such a creation would be a cool concept, but impractical because of the cost and complexity.
  4. heathyoung

heathyoung Member

Not to mention frictional and pumping losses...
  5. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Honda 50 cc RC116 from 1966
    2 cylinder 4 valve per cylinder race motorcycle producing 16hp somewhere above 20,000rpm

Thats 25 cc per cylinder

Honda also made a 125cc motor which shared many parts. A 5 cylinder 125cc

A 50 cc 6 cylinder would be about 8 cc each
    You try getting 4 valves or even 2 and a spark plug to fit a 8 cc cylinder

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  6. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

There are 4 cylinder boxer and inline engines available of between 50 & 100ccs.

There are 3 & 5 cylinder radials available of between 50-100ccs

There is one 14 cylinder radial engine and at least 2 V-12 model engines that would fit into a lengthened cycle frame. The 14 cyl radial is about 8HP on nitro fuel, It will, with a little fiddling, probably run petroil although power would be a little down.

there is a turbocharged/supercharged 6.09cui V8 engine built by Conley.

The problem with all of these is price - its high... 6000 Euros for the V-12. But the open valve gear and that sound... if I had the money it would be worth it.
  7. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

ya, jemma mentioned the mini v-8 engine. search youtube for it. i have seen the video and the engine is fantastic!:grin: