small ROTARY engine (wankel) wanted of 1-2 hp

Besides hobby engines, I think Sachs is the only company that made a small rotary but even they're absolutely huge for a bicycle.

rotary bike

you are right. even their smallest ones are far to big and powerful. 1 or 2hp would be fine. a rotary of that size should weigh no more than 300-500 grams. imagine something like that inside the front wheel...

Go to smallenginewarehouse and look at the Sachs motors they have......2.5 hp I think.

Go to smallenginewarehouse and look at the Sachs motors they have......2.5 hp I think.

Darwin, ya made me look...

The only Sachs engine I can currently find at smallenginewarehouse.com is a normal (but very ancient) 90cc two stroke with a huge round fan shroud on it:

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com...Mix, 2.5HP @ 3000 RPM, 3.7HP @ 5000 RPM, 90cc

If I missed a rotary Sachs engine there, please post a link!

Sachs did indeed made a Wankel engine - and even a rotary engine lawn mower - back in 1972.

Last edited:
wankel power

thanks guys, sachs did a chainsaw back in the 70th using a wankel power. and never again... i heard it wasn't popular because it didn't have a chainbrake.

I didn't know what that motor was besides a sachs, just thought it might be what you wanted.

Your temptation would go away if they posted the price.I looked into them years ago (RC flyer) they are SUPER EXPENSIVE!

I just saw on some other forum that it uses 25% oil mix. So you'd probably leave a black trail on the road behind you and a string of car crashes where ever you go. There are a couple of those engines on ebay, about the cost of 2 new GX25/35's but a wankel engine on a bike would be fierce unusual altogether

Back