Snake oil salesman or the truth?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Zero, absolutely zero chance of a 66cc Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engine making in excess of 5hp out of the box.

People spend about half their life savings trying to get more than 5hp out of these engines.

maybe shetland power. 3 hp is pretty much the barrier with these engines, you'll never make more without major modifications that are too expensive to do in mass production. unless it's ported and balanced I don't see it happening.

i think james watt originally calculated the hp from welsh ponies, as used in tin mines, but greatly exaggerated the figure himself for, you guessed it! better sales :giggle:

erm, cus of the typo here, im saying its the complete truth, if not understated...5/6(ths) of a hp :)

hmmm, 125-150mpg...

erm...thats about 200km for 5 litres, cus i still say gallons are 5L though for some reason americans dont...

so thats 40 km/l and yup. thats pretty spot on ;) pretty lousy when you think a v8 can do better than that, lugging around a few thousand kg...

Zero, absolutely zero chance of a 66cc Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engine making in excess of 5hp out of the box.

People spend about half their life savings trying to get more than 5hp out of these engines.

i dont have any life savings! and i guess ive spent what ive had, so yeah...another complete truth!!!!!

erm...thats about 200km for 5 litres, cus i still say gallons are 5L though for some reason americans dont...

imperial gallons (english measure) are about 5 liters,... U.S. gallon is about 4 liters

Back