Snake oil salesman or the truth?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by darwin, Jul 15, 2014.

1. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

I don't see how that could be true.

3. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Flat out liar or a fool?
    Dishonest sellers have been claiming 5 + HP for a long time.

Stock 66 cc China girls make about 2 1/2 hp
    Socal Motor Bicycle Racing has dynoed China girls from stock to 9 + hp at the races.

The Arrow Motorized Cycles Street Racer honestly claims 4.5 hp.

4. OCCStingray

OCCStingray Member

"Much faster" hahaha

5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

same crappy carb and ignition. improved my a-s-s

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Zero, absolutely zero chance of a 66cc Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engine making in excess of 5hp out of the box.

People spend about half their life savings trying to get more than 5hp out of these engines.

7. butre

butre Well-Known Member

maybe shetland power. 3 hp is pretty much the barrier with these engines, you'll never make more without major modifications that are too expensive to do in mass production. unless it's ported and balanced I don't see it happening.

8. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

i think james watt originally calculated the hp from welsh ponies, as used in tin mines, but greatly exaggerated the figure himself for, you guessed it! better sales :jester:

erm, cus of the typo here, im saying its the complete truth, if not understated...5/6(ths) of a hp :)

hmmm, 125-150mpg...

erm...thats about 200km for 5 litres, cus i still say gallons are 5L though for some reason americans dont...

so thats 40 km/l and yup. thats pretty spot on ;) pretty lousy when you think a v8 can do better than that, lugging around a few thousand kg...

9. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

i dont have any life savings! and i guess ive spent what ive had, so yeah...another complete truth!!!!!

10. pbeggs

pbeggs Member

erm...thats about 200km for 5 litres, cus i still say gallons are 5L though for some reason americans dont...

imperial gallons (english measure) are about 5 liters,... U.S. gallon is about 4 liters

11. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I'm skeptiical. I wouldn't expect that engine to hold together very long if it, in fact, produced 5 hp.
    That is Moto Morini territory.