Snow And More Snow in Central PA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hot70cc, Nov 20, 2008.

1. hot70cc

hot70cc Guest

WOW 1st snow in central PA Mifflinburg, we are in a band of snow right now where people 50 miles east and west of us are not getting 1 flake of snow but we are getting hammered. already 4 inches here. WOW. I like the brightness it brings

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

We've had some snow showers here in Lancaster County, but nothing of any consequence. They're calling for more snow showers tomorrow with an accumulation of no more than an inch. Looking at the wx radar, I can see that band of snow you're talking about. Looks like you'll get more snow for a few more hours.
  3. buck

buck Member

I just drove east on I-80 from youngstown. The snow tapered off around clarion. Youngstown had 7 inches and was calling for 4-6 more. Yahoo -
    It seems like we really enjoy all four seasons in Pennsylvania. June - July -
    August & Winter.
  4. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

That global warming sure sucks.
  5. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

It is now officially time to put the Whizzer to bed for the winter. The weatherman totally missed this forecast. I woke up to 4 inches of the white stuff. The layer of ice underneath the snow made me have use 4wd on my truck just to get to work. I hate cold weather....

Attached Files:

6. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Yup, he sure did. It must be the best job in the world to be a weatherman. Where else can you get paid to be wrong so often? It was a winter wonderland here this morning as well, and the roads tonight in my area are a skating rink.
  7. kerf

kerf Guest

Just be glad you're up there with the snow rather than down here with it. 6-8 inches for you guys is nothing, an inch down here and everything stops.
  8. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Kerf, I lived and met my wife in Alabama. If there is a light dust of snow or frost, they close the schools down :)
  9. kerf

kerf Guest

And pretty much everything else.