Snow ride - August 2014

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by Fabian, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what kind of conditions i throw at my bike, it just keeps on trucking, with great reliability !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

2. BostonReefer

BostonReefer New Member

Thats awesome. Luckily no snow where im at for a while longer. Where you located?

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Outer south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia
    We have about 2 weeks left before there'll be no more snow on the lower mountain peaks, so i'm making the most of it whilst it lasts.

4. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

in straya mate, its meant to be brown, yellow or red. no white allowed! yuk!

*returns to the fire and whinges about how cold it is at 5C*

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Fabian sighs - wishes it could be minus 2C* at sea level so i could open the garage door and ride everywhere in the snow - - - with 6 trailers in tow...

6. shinjinian

shinjinian Member

You must really enjoy pushing these little china motors to their limits with all the trailers you tow and the conditions you ride your bike through. In all honesty it's looks like a lot of fun.

7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It definitely a lot of fun when wheels are turning but the maintenance inspection process is awfully time consuming.

8. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

*needs 6 trailers just to carry all the clothing he would be wearing at -2C*

9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

That's somewhat close to the truth, but riding through snow is a heck of a lot of fun ;-)

10. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

You are a true motorized bicycle enthusiast, Fabian. A lot of us just build them and make short rides to the store or pub. You are out there proving what these motor kits are really capable of.

Fabian likes this.
  11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Part of long distance touring is being comfortable, and the first element of comfort comes from a super comfortable seat as well as a good suspension seatpost and running your tyres at low pressure to make the ride even more comfortable.

The third aspect mentioned above means that speed is traded for comfort, but i don't mind trading speed for generous comfort when my backside is parked on the seat.

If your body gets an easy time is the saddle, then you can ride for miles and miles and miles, so long as the rest of the bike is set up for reliable operation, which can be done with readily available aftermarket parts.

The only reason why a bike is unreliable is because the assembler of the bike has assembled it to be unreliable.
    If the bike is reliable in operation, you want to ride the thing everywhere, because nothing, and i mean nothing encapsulates the pioneering spirit as a motorised bicycle.