Snow

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MotorMac, Dec 19, 2008.

1. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

Man oh man, we in Ontario are getting hammered by a major snowstorm today weatherguy is predicting 50+cm (20+ inches). Took the day off work its too dangerous to drive anywhere even with my 4X4. Those of you in the Northern States and Ontario staying home too?

2. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

we stayed home today because it rained ice all last night. we have about 3 inches of ice. the pine trees look like weeping willows lol. our cars are incased in ice. the snow has that hard crust and you go down to your mid shin. i wish we had some snow. atleast i could go to the ski hill.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Home today because of snow and ice. We also had to cancel our gig tonight because none of us can get there with the roads being hockey rinks...

4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Another stay-at-home here. We had an ice storm overnight. It's the same one that got eltatertoto. I'm a few hours south-west of him. Sounds like they got it a bit worse than we did.

We're supposed to go into a deep freeze tomorrow for a few days. Then it's supposed to get a bit warmer for Christmas. But only about 32F at most for the forseeable future.
    So there won't be much melting going on.

So it looks like winter is really here and it won't be going away anytime soon. there's very little bike riding in my forecast until about March.

Oh well..........

5. Don Brown

Don Brown New Member

It was 40deg. here today. I wanted to get the Whiz. out and take a ride. However I spent the day raking leaves. Bummer!! That's the way it is in Dayton , If you don't like the weather today--- tomorrow will be worse!!

6. POPS

POPS Member

Stuck at home for the last 5 days!!!! We live on top of a mountain and have got 4 feet of snow so far and it's still snowing. Looks like another foot or so before it's done!!! A week ago we had not seen snow. When it comes down here, man it comes down. I've got 500 yards of road to shovel before I can get to the hiway and all I have is a spade. LOL The hiway was closed last night so I guess it's a mute point anyway.:ack2: Oh well, Merry Christmas to all and may your tree be crowded with MB stuff:rolleyes7: POPS

7. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

We are getting hammered by extremely cold and windy weather here in Colorado. Mountains are hammered by snow but lower elevations are ok.

Where's Al Snore when you need him?

8. kerf

kerf Guest

It's been 65-70 degrees and raining for a solid week. Dropping to 20 tonight but in a couple of days back to 65 and raining. I like a little snow every now and again but you guys just gonna have to keep the nasty stuff.

9. mikem

mikem Member

White Christmas!

My front yard ... Tuesday, December 23rd in northern Michigan. We got 4 more inches today (Wednesday) ... and still counting ... too deep for MB-ing!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

www.thewaysidechapel.org/Christmas08Michigan.jpg

10. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

man mike im glad that didnt hit me. it was up to 40 today, and i went riding on my moped. as i was riding the cold front came in, and within an hr it went down to 16. so my whole ride home im riding on ice, in the 25 mph wind. 1 word. scary lol

11. mikem

mikem Member

SnoMoPed !?

Hey eltatertoto,
    Glad you made it home before the weather got bad! lol

Have a Merry Christmas and a great (safe!) holiday season.
    God bless...............

12. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks, you too

13. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

snow in ocean park wa

hello all...here is some sno pics of the beach and places in ocean park washington...Merry Christmas all...:devilish:

Attached Files:

14. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I'd rather have snow than what we've got. The roads are mostly clear but everything else is covered by ice. Just getting in and out of the house is dangerous.

A few years back I had a bright idea. I'd become tired of cleaning gutters so I pulled them down. I dug ditches along both sides of my house and put perforated PVC "tiles" in.
    On the driveway side I dug under the little sidewalk and ran a flexible drain out to the driveway. Now you can pour a bucket of water onto the gravel right next to the house and, about 30 seconds later, watch it run down the driveway.

But I didn't take winter into account. Now every year starting about Christmas or so an ice skating rink starts developing at the bottom of my driveway. It must be a dozen feet across and inches deep already. It'll probably be there until June.

Such a pity. I thought I had a real brainstorm there.

but at least I don't have to clean gutters.....that's worth something.

15. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

well, im using all my christmas money to buy a decent still cam. all i have is a movie cam the also takes pics. i might take a pic of the road now, tommrow with my vid cam. anyway, when i went riding everything was slush so the road was covered in slush. it all froze. now we have a bumpy skating rink all around my area.

16. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

it was 50 degrees here today.....it could hit 70 tomorrow, then tomorrow night, the temp drops..... expecting snow. then Saturday the temps come back to nearly 50, with thunderstorms!!

how's that for messed up weather??

17. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Now It decides to snow!!!!

March 28th...in Kansas!!! thunderstoms the past 2 days.....not to worry...gonna be 50 degrees tomorrow!! :rolleyes7:

Attached Files:

18. azbill

azbill Active Member

slush sux :(

19. augidog

augidog Banned

whoa...you really really gotta want beer to go get it in that.

20. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Just had marble size hail here. So much for a ride this afternoon.

Attached Files: