So i have gotten an elcetric and have a motor and now looking at buying a new one

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by thereyago, Aug 10, 2010.

1. thereyago

thereyago New Member

I am looking into finally building a full on traveling motorized bike. My electric one, though fun, couldn't hold up to the traveling. Mostly the controller kept frying so I am going to leave that at home for now unless I can find a folding one to keep sheltered.

I am looking to either finish building my 66cc one or buying a completed 48cc in omaha today. I am wondering if you have to keep the bike level but now I think I really need to look through the vendor sites.

I thought for sure I had joined this before but apparently I just read so much it felt like it.

Thanks for reading and safe riding.

2. professor

professor Active Member

HI There, welcome to Motoredbikes! The only thing you need level (somewhat) is the carb.

3. thereyago

thereyago New Member

thank you

Hey thanks for your reply... I stopped and picked it up. It is assembled though poorly. The guide bent in and tore some spokes. It is a pretty poor bike with old sidepull brakes. I will have to take a long look and tighten things on it until I get back home since I am traveling right now. Maybe I will see about switching it over to a better bike after reading more here. I have to secure it on the back of my truck while traveling so in the end I want to get a pretty rock solid build that can take the bumping and what not. Thanks again.