Stolen So my bike got stolen last night...

Discussion in 'Stolen Bicycles & Security' started by bushido, Oct 13, 2008.

1. bushido

bushido Member

some scum of the earth stole my Schwinn Jaguar off my porch last night. I forgot to bring it inside before I fell asleep, as I was waking up this morning I remembered that I had left it out, so i went to the porch, low and behold the bike is gone...

Luckily it was without it's motor, as i've been having alot of trouble with the kit I bought (waiting for retailer to resolve issue w/ their kit). Yeah, it was a cheap bike, but it still sucks to get something of yours stolen.

So my question is, what are my options for a bike around $100, I think I want to join the masses and get a Kulana Moon Dog, but I don't think Walmart sells them anymore?

Got any advice?

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

sorry to hear about your loss

many stolen bicycles are found -- maybe a call to the pooolice dept ???

I had one stolen years ago
    went to the pooolice yard where stolen bikes are stored before being auctioned off
    there was my bicycle --
    was still not cool -- bike was scratched -- and had been ridden by some bohole !!

ride that thing Mountainman

HERPER Member

i have a sports authority bike... nice beach cruiser by columbia sports. its a cheapo bike, like 120 bucks.. but served me well for my first bike.
  4. graucho

graucho Active Member

I think thieves should loose their fingers first offence, hands on the 2nd, arms on the 3rd. This is why im not in government or law. :mad:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008

HERPER Member

thats honostly the rule in samalia... i kno this guy frpom there who was tellin me about it...

if steal under 50 bucks.. 1st time cut off hand.. then the other if again.. then if over 50 u lose a foot.. if u do it a bunch the kill u

kinda crazy
  6. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

The only reason they don't have laws like that in this country is they'd have to go straight to decapitating most of our government and business leaders on the first day.
    I hate petty thieves but I hate insider trading and shady business practices even more. Cut off Martha Stewart's EVERYTHING one piece at a time for the millions she stole from other investors. Rinse and repeat with all the others.
  7. brendonv

brendonv Member

if that law was bought in in america everyone would walk around with one arm haha.
  8. bushido

bushido Member

I feel pretty ****ty about getting my bike stolen, but i don't think a bike is worth cutting off anyone's hand for, but i get your point, and thanks for sympathizing with me.

NEWS: some guy posted on craigslist that he bought an obviously stolen bike from a crackhead for $30, I sent him an email with a description of my bike, hopefully he bought it... we will have to see how things pan out.
  9. good luck getting your bike back!
  10. DON'T STEAL! (the govn't hates competition.)
  11. wanger

wanger Guest

12. Mountainman

any news

any news with that ??????????????

hope that you are back on the road soon so that you can

13. wanger

wanger Guest

KeeP Looking

when my bike got stolen some where there's a post i caught them the next day while peddlin around barstards live 4 doors around corner cops involved the only thing i didnt get back rear mudguard all this in under 21 hours bike stripped motor on different frame 14 year old punks that probably stole another 1 2weeks ago but they r not riding that any more prob cops or owner got that back or traded for drugs
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  14. HERPER

HERPER Member

i have a question.. how come everyone seems to think that if you steal you are also a drug addict.. and that why you stole.

as i kid i stole petty **** just for kicks. and i know of many people who steal alot, and they used to do it for the same thing. if they couldnt afford it they would steal it.

im not justifying stealing by anymeans.. and ive since grown older and wiser from that, but it bugs me that people assume instantly they are drug addicts.
  15. Mountainman

most are --- just the facts

it's not always the case -- but -- most are --- just the facts

aprox 70% of all those in jail for stealing
    were under the influence of either drugs or booze at time of arrest

so let's say -- according to the facts -- most but not all

note HERPER -- when most of us grow up we stop hanging out with
    they suck mountain rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and when your stealing friends end up in jail they may just have to ---

16. HERPER

HERPER Member

haha sounds good. i just dont like when people throw out ideas adding insult to the injury. cuz alot of adults who steal ill give u credit are.. im pretty sure 14 yr old punks are not. although you never do know..

i dont mean to be a problem lol just wondering
  17. Mountainman

shouldn't have brought the mountain rocks in

you are not a problem HERPER

I just get uptight when I hear about ANYONE stealing

I shouldn't have mentioned the mountain rocks thing

sorry about that --- but please do remember

when the time is right -- slip out of sight on that MB and

ride that thing
  18. wanger

wanger Guest

as i said b4 they live 4 doors away i know they smoke dope they do it in park accross road drink what ever
    including strippin empty houses i live in an area the housing trust are redeveloping
  19. itskeith

itskeith Guest

I just don't know what is wrong with people these days. I also had something stolen from my motored bike last week. In keeping with the theme, I shopped up a WWII canteen and holder which I was using as a spare fuel can. I had it fastened to the front rack and it looked great. Shortly after a trip to downtown, it was gone, no way could it have come off by itself. I suppose it is just another way to "spread the wealth around." Glad your motor was not a victim. Cheers, Keith
  20. Mountainman

Obama Mama says to "spread the wealth around"

that's a nice looking MB you got there itskeith

sorry to hear that the PUNK rocks stole your canteen

yes - "spread the wealth around" - got to love that Obama Mama !!!

ride that thing