So who here has been pulled over on a MB?

First of all you must be the jealous type. You have no idea how fast I ride. Then I said for safety reasons I think it is safer tro be in a bike lane but didn't know if ANY motorized bike can do that legally in Florida. Third there are many Guys who pass of 66cc and 80 cc China Engines as 49 ccs. I comply with the 49 cc rule. you have no idea even how to measure Brake Horsepower and neither does the DMV. Your the only one who seems concerned. Worry about yourself.

Stay out of the bike lane.

I must have missed something. How did this thread turn into a ****ing contest about riding your MB in (Florida?) bike lanes, and why would anyone other than some lycra clad, shaved legged arrogant roadie give a rats as# anyway!

I must have missed something. How did this thread turn into a ****ing contest about riding your MB in (Florida?) bike lanes, and why would anyone other than some lycra clad, shaved legged arrogant roadie give a rats as# anyway!

I guess BoneFish is one of them LOL!

Well than I better not say anything about how I built my MB to skirt the law so I can ride in the bike lanes here in California legally.... without a plate, wearing a bicycle helmet and no drivers license required, heheh. Riding in traffic scares the carp out of me!

Well than I better not say anything about how I built my MB to skirt the law so I can ride in the bike lanes here in California legally.... without a plate, wearing a bicycle helmet and no drivers license required, heheh. Riding in traffic scares the carp out of me!

That's why I am using the bike lanes until told otherwise and then I will have the conversation with the officer about public safety when I am riding a bicycle at the legal speed under 30 on a street with a 50 mph limit

That's why I am using the bike lanes until told otherwise and then I will have the conversation with the officer about public safety when I am riding a bicycle at the legal speed under 30 on a street with a 50 mph limit

Jackas-s's like you is the reason why RS-68 was written.

and you can quote the following statute;

The 2014 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL

316.208(2)(a) Any person operating a moped upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:

1. When overtaking or passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

2. When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

3. When reasonably necessary to avoid any condition, including, but not limited to, a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, animal, surface hazard, or substandard-width lane, that makes it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge. For purposes of this paragraph, a “substandard-width lane” is a lane that is too narrow for a moped and another vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

and you can quote the following statute;

The 2014 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL

316.208(2)(a) Any person operating a moped upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:

1. When overtaking or passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

2. When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

3. When reasonably necessary to avoid any condition, including, but not limited to, a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, animal, surface hazard, or substandard-width lane, that makes it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge. For purposes of this paragraph, a "substandard-width lane" is a lane that is too narrow for a moped and another vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.
Well it seems that since the Bike lane is on the right it makes sense to use that space and any space to the right of the bike lane for a Motorized Bike. Thanks for the info! It is pretty clear "shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway " A bike lane is pretty practicable I would say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back