Solo Whizzer Ride

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by mason_man, Oct 11, 2011.

1. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Thought i post about a ride i went on today. it's been a long while since i've gone on a good long ride on my whizzer sportsman,i thought today's the day! i live in a pretty hilly area with lots of winding road and beautiful scenery. i started in whittier went all the way thru hacienda to fullerton rd. then made the return trip back home. it was a total of 18 miles of fun time. i'm posting some pics of the ride. Ray

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

2. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

some or pics

Attached Files:

3. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

and some more

Attached Files:

4. ratman

ratman New Member

Looks like you had great fun Mason_Man so how does your Whizzer do climbing all those hills ? Are you having to pedal your tail off ? I have a 99 Whizzer that runs great but doesn't like pulling my 225 pounds up hills . I live in the foothills (Tujunga) and it's very hilly here so Im always open to ideas how I can make my ride a good hill climber .

Mike :cheers2:

5. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Hi ratman,it was great! i did do some pedaling, i'm tipping the scale that about 190. is your 99 still stock WC-1 or do you have the NE cylinder? have you done any mods? my 24" Whizzer does way better than my 26" whizzer. the 26" is super slow until about 15 mph and then shes like a bat out ****. i've moved the trigger plate forward 7/16th,went from 14 degree to 28 degree btc. the hp cam and mushroom lifters also help alot.just had the flywheel shaved and balanced that also made a big difference. the 24" is slip clutch and the 26" is a/c. Ray

Attached Files:

6. ratman

ratman New Member

My 99 Whizzer has the stock WC-1 engine , 26" tires , black with 190 original miles . I've had no issues with it and starts up first try every time ! I know about all the upgrades my engine is going to need to keep it dependable in the long run but not ready to tear into it yet . If I can pick up alittle more torque or pulling power on the hills with out having to do major surgery or brake the bank , that would solve me from having to pedal my brains out !:sweatdrop: When Im ready to soup it up my first call will be Quenton so he can work his magic .:bowdown: Thanks .:cool:

Mike :grin5:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

You can clean up the intake port,exhuaust port.move up the timing one tooth. remove intake restricter.remove original muffler and replace with hi flow muffler.use a #78 main jet.set lifters at .007" intake and .oo9" exhuast.all this will help your WC-1 breathe better and improve your performance.but because whizzers run hot the valve seats will lift.i'm using WC-1 and NE cylinders with thermal barriers and dry film lubricant coating,dropping my temps down to around 300 degrees.i still pinned the valve seats.the 26" whizzer will not do as good as the 24" on hills i know your area.even with the ne upgrade you will probably still have to do some pedaling.Quenton is definitely a great source for parts or complete work.the other option is to go with the overhead valve kit.this will definitely give you all the power you will need.i'll post a pic of Fred with one of his ohv kits on a vintage whizzer 700 case.

Attached Files:

8. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

some more of the pics

Attached Files:

9. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Fred with his ohv kit

Attached Files:

10. ratman

ratman New Member

:bowdown:Wow thanks for all the info and pics mason_man I will try out some of the above tips and mods you suggested and see how things work . :grin5:Does Fred make ohv kits for the WC -1 ?

Thanks again ,

Mike

11. RacerRon

RacerRon New Member

Very nice, I am in uptown whittier, my son and his buddy have cruising all thru friendly hills.

12. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

He sure does.here's his web site, pbseng.com let me know if you need more info or pics

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  13. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Uptown whittier! sounds like a trip to Rocky Cola cafe to me! and thanks Ray

14. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Ratman,

When using the OHV kit the frame must be modified. Last DYNO tests had the modified NE motor within 1 MPH of the OHV motor. The OHV motor however produces a lot more bottom end torque, which is better for pulling hills at lower speeds.

Have fun,

15. ratman

ratman New Member

Thanks Mason_Man and Quenton for the info . You guys are a great bunch of people and the knowledge here on this forum is priceless ! :bowdown:

Mike:cool:

16. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Hey Quenton, the parts got here yesterday. WOW thanks for taking time to make these parts. the wc-1 copper head gaskets, intake and exhuast spacers are all very nice. Ray