Some antiques from Chehalis, WA

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by uncle_punk13, Aug 6, 2007.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Here's a few pics from the museum in Chehalis, Washington.
    My buddy took me there for my Birthday last week, and a great time was had by all two of us!

Attached Files:

2. vintagebiker

vintagebiker Guest

Very cool.
    I have always liked those Monarch twins (Marmon or Jack-Heinz ?).

I'm going to Chehalis this weekend for a vintage motorcycle event, do you have the address or phone # for this museum?

3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I'll get it to you, let me go look it up again...:)
  4. I think this is the guy that had an original California and sold it to that museum in SoCal that restored it !!! Did he pass away reciently?
  5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Yup, this is the one. I don't know if he passed away, I think he's still around...?
    Didja see the Thomas Auto-Bi?!? I got all kinds of giddy and excited when I saw it! That's the fellow that had his men work until 9:00 at night to forge new forks for George's California! He (Thomas) also went on to be the first Automobile-ist to circumnavigate the globe- his car is on display at Harrah's museum in Reno, Nevada; which dad and I saw while doing the Wyman Centennial trip...
    Neat stuff!
  6. JunkersBikes

JunkersBikes Guest

VERY nice pics, I'm curious to see more pics lol that monark is absolutely stunning, and that Thomas, my 0' my
  7. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I've got to go back, as the batteries in my camera died so i only got a couple of more pic.s
    I knew I should've bought extra batteries!!!
  8. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

hey uncle punk! could you please post the name of the meuseum? thanks in advance!!-wavy
  9. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

nevermind ! i just found there website! heres the link enjoy all!!
  10. Proboscis

Proboscis Guest

Whoa!! That monarch. Reminds me of a corvair engine. love that colour. thats a bike i would like to ride
  11. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

The museum got some press yesterday:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  12. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Very cool! Maybe one of these days I will make it up there to see that.
  13. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Hey Bama, thanks for posting that, You Rock!!!
  14. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

No problemo,

btw, if you click on the link, there is a place to make comments....sooooo,
    if the PCW's (a hotbed of MB's) mentioned WHERE you read the article, it might bring some more regular riders AND heritage buffs.
  15. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

I was just in Centrailia a few weeks ago. I wished I'd known about that Museum, I could have ridden my Rudge there.