Chain Tensioner Some thoughts on chain tensioners....

The affordability of these machines is appealing for sure! Can`t afford a hot rod, my MB will have to do.
Back to chain tension, I used a couple of standard kit engine back straps with a long bolt clamped to my seat tube. Re-purposed a bearing, and made an arm from 1/4 inch aluminum plate. It`s been on my bike since first created.
Best to all.

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 374.jpg
    374.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 364
Wow, thanks a lot for your info. I don't have the tools, or know how, yet :), to make my own, but a good friend up the street does, and, he's going to guide me through the process. I'll let you know what we come up with. Thanks again and hope everyday is a great ride.

I have quite a few other projects other than bicycles (71 chevelle, 70 c-10, 89 Toyota pickup lowrider to name a few) which cost a lot to build. To be honest the price of the bicycle engines is what made want to build one. I thought I could finally get a project finished for little money......well after diverting truck funds to bicycles i realize.......
1. There is no limit to how much you can spend on anything
2. There is no such thing as a finished project
3. Everything needs a motor

This is sooooo true

Lol I've spent about $580 on my 53cc 4 stroke huffy cranbrook. I calculated it to be roughly $850 if I bought everything new. Only parts left that are huffy is the frame and steerer headset. Got shocks and all...but I still want to spend at least $250 on it to deem it perfect. Its never done >_<

I probably spent $900 on my bike. don't even want to think about what everything would have cost new

The bottle is really more of a theme prop. It's still at the top of the label, and I bought it a year ago.

I have a Kegerator in the garage.
A fridge with 4 kegs of beer in it.
I just have a little sip at a time, but sometimes I find myself getting disorientated...
57656-c230033e62bc455f858224bfc6881b38.jpg

Back