Crashes someone I never knew

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by will_start, Jan 5, 2012.

1. will_start

will_start Member

2. will_start

will_start Member

3. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

That's Irish John, a member here! He's on my friends list, I'm speechless, we never met but corresponded many times over the years, a truly unique individual with a special vision on the motored bike world. Don't know what to say, god bless, condolences to family and friends.

Ride in peace IJ.

4. graucho

graucho Active Member

Thanks for the info will_start.
    My heart also feels heavy Happy Valley. I've had many PM conversations with Irish John.
    We just talked about bikes and mechanical design. I never knew the had been a volunteer
    with Marine Rescue NSW at Brunswick Heads.
    I never meet him in person yet I feel great sorrow for the man with a passion for bikes.
    I too would like to say god bless, thanks for all of your support, and I won't forget you.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=444

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  5. Some people are just *******s, and need to get over themselves. I never even heard of this guy, but anyone who would deliberately run down an old man on a bike is nasty SOB in my book...

6. robin bird

robin bird Member

Rest in peace John -- very trajic non accident

7. Batter

Batter New Member

God bless, I admit that I have seen his story, think of such an accident occurred.

8. Such a sad occurance. He was a friend. Goodbye Irish John, you will be missed. RIP

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  9. graucho

graucho Active Member

10. Happy Valley

John was a long time member here in good standing. This should be made a sticky.

11. rawly old

rawly old Member

Senseless tragedy, I've seen the video somewhere before. Looks like
    the man built some great bikes in which he still lives on down the road.
    Hope the string up that SOB that run 'im down.

12. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Wow I'm speechless....I just logged on and clicked in this thread for something to read.....not sure what to say, but his contribution to MB's was great. He raised the bar. The man had standards. He will be missed.

13. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

Wow I am blown away.I to spoke with John through PMs about what... else 4 strokes and Grubee.He was very dedicated to MB and will be missed.God Bless

14. loquin

loquin Active Member

RIP, John, RIP.

What LOUSY news.

15. loquin

loquin Active Member

RIP, John, RIP.

What LOUSY news.

16. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I just got the news report today from my friend Ian Klutke in Darwin. I've corresponded with John many times, and I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't heard from him. RIP John, you'll be missed.

Attached Files:

17. Happy Valley

This should be made a sticky.

18. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

My sincere condolences to "Irish John" and his family.
    We shared much the same "old school" vision about sustainable Motored Bicycles.
    His wisdom and experience will be missed by all.

19. graucho

graucho Active Member

Amen to that BoltsMissing. I bumped his bike vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tknGlc0bjgA

20. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member