something good is happening on this board

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by crassius, Nov 25, 2013.

1. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

just a note of appreciation for whatever was done to get this board to load so much better today - for all of the year or so that I've been coming here, this board has taken nearly forever to load a page, and has shown hundreds of errors on each load - loads much more quickly today, and shows only 20 or so errors

2. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

3. crassius

these are the only errors I get now (was over 250 or so up until a couple days ago)

using Mozilla SeaMonkey 1.1.19 which has no CSS3 or HTML5 capabilities

4. Anton

Do you use any other browsers? The main supported browsers are Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox and Opera

5. crassius

no other browser avail here - I usually just try to pick a skin that doesn't use CSS3

errors are no biggie now that there so many fewer tho - I'm happy with the way it works this last few days

got a lot of 'puters here, all between 13 & 20 years old, all on some type of win9x, all running fine

6. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

firefox newest version and all current updates amd tricore win 7 enterprize
    never get a single error

7. Anton

What I can do is make the default theme selectable again. That may solve some of the issues. Thanks for letting me know about the errors though.

8. crassius

just changed to default theme & is loading even faster, thanx

9. Anton

Was that the Default Mobile Style? It's basically a stripped down version for mobiles but should work well for older computers. Are you still getting errors with it?

10. crassius

I always get a few errors due to lack of HTML5 & CSS3 capability of the browser, but it is working quite well now.