Sorry posted elsewhere 1st

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ozzyu812, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Dont really know what to say about myself. I'm 39 in NH. I have a mechanical and fabrication background. I can't stop thinking about getting my bike engine when ever the $600 tax rebate/refund comes. I've decided I'm also goin too get a tune up stand and rim truing tool. If it work well I've just about talked my wife into one also. About how may of these things are around? Never saw one.

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc. I think there are a few Members from NH. You can look at the Members List.
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi, you might concider the 4stroke gebe, 30min. install, no oil mix, 200mpg, quiet and quick, ride on
  4. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

5. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Ozzt. Welcome to MBc!
    If you are spending your total rebate check this might be a great option. Since the kits cost around 600.

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:}
    Here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
  6. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Or if your looking for a speedy engine for very cheap, then check out the chinese 2-stroke frame engines from, they are commonly called happy time engines. If your looking for reliability however then I wouldnt recommend, if you know your way around an engine though then it shouldnt be much trouble. Welcome aboard to MBc read through as there is tons of information just waiting for you, any problems you cant find the answer too, just ask!
  7. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  8. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

hello ozzie and welcome to MBc, you may change your mind 100 times check these out! here: luck on which ever you choose and happy can always start a new thread in picture gallery and show us your build...
  9. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

I've pretty much made up my mind to get a Happy Time. This one in particular:
    Most of the 4 strokes I've seen mount on top on the rear wheel. That is where the basket is for my lunch box. Also the ones I've seen have a pull start. I'd rather start and stop it on the fly. If you guys know of a 4 stroke that mounts where the 2 stroke does with no pull start for 200 - 300 bucks I will certianly consider it. I don't plan on spending the entire $600, I'd like to keep the build around $400 initally. So far I figure 200 for engine/motor kit, 25 fpr magneto, 130 for the tune up stand and rim truing tool and the rest for shipping and the unforseen.
    I'm not really looking for speed. The way I interpret the law on these without a driver licence, it can't go over 20 mph. So it will be illegal unitil I get a really large rear sprocket and/or restrictive exhaust. :evil:
    Got to go will check back later
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  10. fredie

fredie Member

location helps
  11. fetor56

fetor56 Guest