Sound you can listen to all day long

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

Don't know about you, but I could barely listen to that sound for the length of the video, let alone all day. That high pitched whine is incredibly annoying. Words don't describe in accurate enough detail how irritating that sound is. Give me the rumble of a normal 4 stroke any day, but the sound of that water injected turbo is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You obviously have a defective and poorly constructed chalkboard.

4. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

Firstly, "nails on a chalkboard" is a metaphor we use here in America. Apparently, a lot of people find the sound of nails on a chalkboard extremely annoying. Many even cringe when they hear it. So, when we hear something else that is awful and annoying, we compare it to the sound of nails on a chalkboard, hence the metaphor. Secondly, sounds that appeal to some do not appeal to others. I love to listen to heavy metal. Many people do not. Do I criticize them for it? No. I'm sorry, that water injected turbocharger makes a very high pitched whine which I do not find appealing, probably due to the fact that there was no muffler or exhaust that I could see. I also do not find the sound of a jet engine turbine even remotely appealing, and the sound of that turbo reminds me of a jet engine turbine also. If you feel the need to criticize me for this, feel free. But I don't have control over what sounds I find pleasing and which ones I don't.

5. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

I stream commercial free 'classic rock' in the shop all day, it makes the boring work less annoying to do ;-}

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Can you please provide a web link for the commercial free classic rock. Thanks.

7. butre

butre Well-Known Member

butterbean is nuts, I approve of superchargers

8. KCvale

I was using http://Pandora.com but they raised their rates so I am using http://iheart.com/

Just type an artist you like in the top search bar and it will make you a station, you can make many stations and any given station will play similar type music from other artists.

For example my ZZ Top station is currently playing Van Halen's 'Running with the devil'.

I heart radio isn't as good as Pandora for randomly picking songs you might want to hear but it does good enough and I just let it stream all day from the PC to a $10 yard sale bookcase stereo that has an AUX input.

Fabian likes this.
  9. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I listen to jango or radiotuna
    but i doubt they have any high pitched engine noises for you fabian

Fabian likes this.
  10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

@ butterbean

Now this is definitely something "everyone can listen to all day long!

11. sparky

sparky Active Member

Jango is the best radio station. I'll have to try radiotuna, tho. Never heard of it.

12. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

"runnin with the devil"

the song that made dimebag take up guitar...and he ends up being buried with van-halens favourite guitar? now thats irony :)

mmm, commercial free radio :) preferably playing something fast. heavy. "the trooper" from iron maiden... "headlong" by queen... "spoonful" by howlin wolf... "sorry" by the easybeats... yeah, it cant ALL be heavy ;) but it better be good!

now this...this is MUSIC!

no wonder these pilots loved, and still love their "girls" :)

my least favourite sound of all? a shovel on concrete...

13. KCvale

My least favorite sound is nails on a chalkboard.

I take that back, it's 'Not tonight honey...'

14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I can handle "not tonight honey", because i get more enjoyment from riding my motorised bicycle.

The sound that really terrifies me (when she turns to you in the jewelers shop): "those diamond earrings look beautiful".

15. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Needs to be watched in """full screen""" mode

16. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooring....

now for something far more spectacular... :wacko:

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

18. eaglelungs

eaglelungs New Member

Currently listening to John Legend's "All of Me" from his fourth studio album Love in the Future. This song is a tender piano power ballad, which was inspired by his then fiancée Chrissy Teigen.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015