Engine Trouble spark plug help

Right I did a WOT plug chop and it basically looks exactly the same except there's not enough time to build up the carbon deposits around the edge. The tip of the spark plug goes from black to a light gray/white color closer to the electrode...?? Should I go to like a 40:1 mix?

I wouldn't try anything radical, just go step by step. I agree with Butre, (he's also got a bunch more experience with these things than I do) 32/1 should be the next move.
I'm running 30/1 valvoline and only see a hint of all that black stuff. I have used oil content changes to make fine adjustments to the air/fuel mixture.
If you're 25/1 and change to 32/1, your air/fuel mixture will be a bit richer because there's more gas and less oil. Then do another good plug chop.

It looks plenty oily.
I suppose you might as well try the 40/1, then. A lot of the guys run that. I'm in the "don't-cut-the-oil-til-it-creates-a-nuisance" crowd.
Feel your exhaust pulses at idle, see if that muffler is clogging. Lots of oil can do that, too.
Again, watch out for the lean run, it'll seize.
I'm thinking you need some more break in time for sure.

No issues with the muffler yet check that already. I'm with you there I don't wanna mess with the mixture at all, especially since this is basically my car now. Got back from going to Boulder (2hours / 30 miles) it seems to be running where I would like it but I used about a full tank going there and back. Does that sound right? not to me.

Any long grades? I imagine these bikes burn a lot of gas churning up hill too much. The milage claims like 130 mpg are possible if you are a lightweight riding on flat roads.
Colorado is about the least flat place I ever saw. ;)

I've seen my bike guzzle gas before, but not so much lately.
I don't really know what's normal for hilly riding.

I didn't really think about that before I said that, but it was up and down the whole way but was definitely going up in elevation(average speed there about 22-225mph/on the way back about 25-30mph) I also went searching for old threads on MPG and it seems right for my riding conditions.
Hahah yup that's for sure. I've lived in Colorado for my whole life, anything the looks flat really isn't and has a slight grade not one that's noticed when going up or down it for the first time but you definitely notice it on your way back my average speed shows you that.

Ok hers the plug after that workout from top down and from the side.

Attachments

• 20150513_152459.jpg
    20150513_152459.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20150513_152648.jpg
    20150513_152648.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 108
Back