Spark plug popped out while riding, now cant start

Shawn MacEachern

Local time
9:40 AM
chinagirl flying horse.

I have around 600km on it, was riding great into town, 15 min ride or so, was on my way home, and the spark plug popped out, usually I check before I ride that everything is tight. I have loctite, but wasnt sure it I could use it on a spark plug, didnt seem logical to me.

The plug popped out, I stopped, put it back on, had my tools with me..

But I cant get the engine to start now.. :(

What other problems could stem from the spark plug popping out while riding.

Is it possible that when the spark plug popped out (assuming it was still attached to the spark plug lead or possibly not) that it connected the engine when falling to earth and bent the ground strap electrode, making physical connection with the centre electrode?

No spark = No brumm brumm
No brumm brumm = Huff and Puff
Lots of Huff and Puff = One unhappy camper

Is it possible that when the spark plug popped out (assuming it was still attached to the spark plug lead or possibly not) that it connected the engine when falling to earth and bent the ground strap electrode, making physical connection with the centre electrode?

No spark = No brumm brumm
No brumm brumm = Huff and Puff
Lots of Huff and Puff = One unhappy camper

No when it popped out, the plug was still in the boot..

Then maybe the spark plug connected a solid object when falling to earth and bent the ground strap electrode, making physical connection with the centre electrode?

No spark = No Brumm brumm

a matchbook cover is about 30 thou, if you gap so that fits you'll be good enough to run

I'd also check that the spark plug wire is making good connection at the CDI & the plug cap.

After that, you're probably going to have to look for scraps of threads stuck in the rings unless your threads are so chewed up that the plug now leaks compression : (

a matchbook cover is about 30 thou, if you gap so that fits you'll be good enough to run

I'd also check that the spark plug wire is making good connection at the CDI & the plug cap.

After that, you're probably going to have to look for scraps of threads stuck in the rings unless your threads are so chewed up that the plug now leaks compression : (

The plug threads are fine, its just the top of the plug threads that are a wee chewed.. Im going to mess around later today or tomorrow

did you check the plug gap?
if the gap is closed, it will not run.
it's also possible that the wire going into the cdi got pulled hard enough to break it.
do you even have spark at the spark plug?
I'd start by checking the plug gap, and then checking for spark at the plug.

Back