Engine Trouble spark plug shot out of head

nishikidrift

Local time
1:34 AM
I fixed my engine air leak, went for a ride (forgot to tighten plug:unsure:) and the spark plug vibrated loose and shot out threads are fine. now the engine wont start. I have spark and fuel any ideas?i have drained the bowl and made laps trying to start it.

first step is to see if you have spark (wire, cap, or CDI could have been damaged)

In the first post i stated that the spark is fine. just checkit spark again just to be sure i had the plug at different angles to se if there was somthing loose and the plugs (i tested wit more than one.) is fine this also check if the wire shorted not the case.

it can spark outside of the engine but if the spark is weak then it won't spark inside the engine due to the compression which demands more spark voltage

I'm in Portland,Oregon,U.S.A if that helps anything. the spark is strong. i understand that hemispherical compression plays a role in the spark's strength. the density of the air and fuel under compression can inhibit the ability for the spark to ignite the fuel. I have taken the carb off, drained it and peddled around for a while draining any flooding that could have happened in the cylinder, then made sure the exhaust was empty and dry (short of a lighter to burn off any remaining oil and fuel.) I don't know what's wrong with this engine.

Insure you have good compression. Plane the head and make your own gasket out of gasket material which will seal much better than the original aluminum one.

Back