Spark Plug

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by MoonKS, Apr 20, 2008.

1. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

My 07 NE5 Whizzer came with an NGK C7E plug. I recall reading that the gap was .025 - but I also thought I read somewhere a better plug than the NGK C7E.

I used the search function many times and came up with nothing - I used Google - anyone remember reading anything or know which plug to recommend?

Someday the questions will slow down...I promise - I hope to progress from Full Noob to Junior Noob in a few months! :lol:

Regards,

Matthew

2. Hi there is an NGK Iridium upgrade for the stock plug number, not easy to find, might have to order, it it rumoured to be the Bee's Knee's if you know what I mean.

Mike

3. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Hi Mike, I saw the Iridium online - says it is much better than the platinum. I will see if I can find it locally - of course this is in a place where every auto parts store I went to didn't carry 40 wt. oil =P

4. bill green

bill green Member

Hi matthew the ngk cr7eix is the best plug you can run . Bill Green

5. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Will putting a hotter plug make the engine run hotter? I only ask because I thought about it and then found this out there:

"Let's make this really simple: when you need your engine to run a little cooler, run a colder plug. When you need your engine to run a little hotter, run a hotter spark plug. However, NGK strongly cautions people that going
    to a hotter spark plug can sometimes mask a serious symptom of another problem that can lead to engine damage. Be very careful with heat ranges."

6. bill green

bill green Member

Hi matthew Iridium plug works with stock coil and makes A cleaner spark in all rpm range.The platinum plug needs 10k hotter coil for every piece of platinum or they will run cold and foul. I use Iridium in all the whizzers .My own and the ones I sell. Hope this helps.... BILL green Vancouver Whizzer

7. bill green

bill green Member

Hi matthew I get these plugs from napa they have them at there warehouse.Bill Green

8. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Hi Bill...thanks for the update. I will look and see if there is Napa place here in town. Picked up my new speedo/odo cable from the dealer today - he doesn't stock the plugs. Stopped at Autozone - Pep Boys, O'Reily's, and Advance Auto Parts on the way home. At each store I gave them both the NGK CR7EIX and the 7385 part number - no luck.

One guy tried to sell me some Bosch Platinum plug with 4 prongs that he said would "blow away" any NGK plug. I politely declined.

If I can't find a local Napa source I will just order them online :)

I'm just loving my Whizzer!

9. bill green

bill green Member

Hi sounds great ps.the bosch also cold foul in whizzers Bill Green

10. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

That's why I am sticking with the advice of the Whizzer guru's like yourself and Quenton :smile:

11. bill green

bill green Member

Hi matthew Did you ever find the spark plugs .. Bill Green

12. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Nope, drove all the way out to the Napa dealer - 30 miles away in the next town - said he had it when I called - when I got there he wasn't there but the guy who was said they don't stock those....so I left empty handed.

No one has them here - so looks like I am going to have to order them online. Such is life in the largest city in Kansas

:smile:

13. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Back when Bill made this post I ordered one on eBay. That was 4/21/08 I received it on 4/25/08 and it came from out west. Maybe you should go that route. Here is the link to the one I bought.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NGK-iridium-CR7...ryZ35595QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Jim

BTW it made a big difference on my Whizzer. I had to turn the idle down and the power from 2500 rpm's to 4000 rpm's was impressive. I didn't run it higher but it wanted to keep on going.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  14. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the heads up - I just bought one off of that seller as well!

Regards,

Matthew

15. bill green

bill green Member

Hi guys glad you like them I run them in everything whizzers,fords,harleys.lawnmower, I guess im sold. Bill Green

16. peter nap

peter nap Member

just checked with Napa. The warehouse has 4 of them. I ordered all 4. should be here in an hour or so.

17. bill green

bill green Member

Hi peter let me know how you like the plug. bill Green

18. peter nap

peter nap Member

Do the iridium plugs need to be gapped?

19. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Yes, to .025 :)

Regards,

Matthew

20. Grumpywhizzer

Grumpywhizzer New Member

The WC1 I just got has a Denso W20FP-U. Does this pose a problem?