Carby Speed carb

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Mitch135, May 26, 2012.

1. Mitch135

Mitch135 New Member

2. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Hey Mitch,

Yeah, I have had the Speed carb for a few years. I'll put it this way, it's better than a normal NT, and much better than this CNS stuff. Just put free flow air filter on, and you'll be pleased.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,either 48cc or 66cc!~
  3. Mitch135

Mitch135 New Member

Awesome I figured it would be better I'll give an update after I get it in and put on. I hate waiting...
  4. alpha

alpha Member

i just ordered one i cant wait
  5. Mitch135

Mitch135 New Member

Got mine in today and it seemed to make some difference. And it says speed on the side which is awesome. ha ha. I'm very happy with it next I'm gonna order a better filter for it, the block filter looks kinda boring. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
  6. alpha

alpha Member

oh ya the speed logo gives it an extra 0.5 hp didnt you know that
  7. rule413

rule413 New Member

Help! Where can I get a speed carb?????
    I did not see any on the link provided...
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  8. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

Get on ebay and look up "luckyearlybird" they usually have some, might be sold out now, but they keep em in stock most of the time. I love mine! Had a problem getting the stock NT to idle, but this speed carb idles beautifully at very low rpm, seems to get a little better mileage, and has more low end torque. Suprisingly, it doesn't seem to have any more top end, which you would expect from a carb with "speed" cast into its side.
  9. rule413

rule413 New Member

Thank you PH!
  10. ericm921314

ericm921314 New Member

How do I put a nice air filter on my speed carb it has no room to grip where the house clamp attaches
  11. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

12. BWB

BWB New Member

You want to buy a velocity stack for NT carbs. I usually see them being sold where ever I see K & N style air cleaners for sale. I paid $10 for mine from JN Motorbikes. I too bought my air cleaner first and was like wtf. They should mention these things when you buy air cleaners that need them it would save time and frustration.