Discussion in 'General Questions' started by chopperboy, Nov 14, 2007.

1. chopperboy

chopperboy Guest

yes i was thinking about buying a 36t sprocket for a 26 inch wheel. I was wanting to know how fast i would need to be going to release the clutch and start the engine. And also what my top speed would be with the engine maxed out.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

probably around 10-12 mph to engage and start the engine
    should be good for 35-40 tops 30-35 cruising without straining the engine too much
  3. I did 33.4 MPH but the engine felt like it was revving pretty high....I am going to buy a tach to see what kinda rpm's the engine is pulling......Haven't really noticed how fast I pedal to start the engine but I would guess about 10 or so mph....I may end up going to a 32T sprocket shortly to go faster w/ fewer revs.....This may not be easily possible but I am using a tuned pipe to help with power so pulling the taller gear is not a problem (FYI one of my bikes stock w/ a 44 T pulls Bellview at 21 MPH, My bike with the tuned pipe and steeper 36 T sprocket pulls the same hill at 24 MPH...
  4. OOPs....I meant this may not be easily possible (running a 32T) with a stock bike but with the tuned pipe I should be OK...
  5. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

i do like 5 for starting heck i can push start it or even loft the rear wheel off the ground and peddale down and start it that way but i stay a safe 33 tops for now its my work bike so no need to mess it up