Speedometer cable broke

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by peter nap, Jun 6, 2008.

1. peter nap

peter nap Member

I've seen this discussed here before (Cable breaking). Is this going to be a routine item that has to be replaced fairly often?

2. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

I have been a Whizzer dealer for several years [1st in NC] and never sold or replaced a speedo cable before. The only time a cable was sold was with a new speedometer.

Have fun,
    Whizzer OuterBanks,
    Quenton

3. peter nap

peter nap Member

Thanks Quenton. I like to get a few spares of parts I know will need to be replaced on a regular basis.

Just an interesting side note...I always carry a stack of my dealers cards because I always get asked where to get them.
    Today I was at the hospital all day because I got a new grandson this morning.

I suppose the oil prices today and the report Morgan Stanly released, scared people, I handed out the last 20 cards I had and still had more people ask. If it's not a good summer for anyone else, Whizzer should do well.

4. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Peter, my cable broke at 92 miles on the Whizzer when I got her a few months ago. She is 2007 NE5 and it was a warranty replacement. It snapped/sheared about three inches from the speedo.

Once it was replaced I never had another issue and I have almost 700 miles on her now.

Regards,

Matthew

5. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

I almost forgot...

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson, Peter! :grin:

Regards,

Matthew

6. jared3377

jared3377 Member

Just curious--on analog speedos, the cable twists (not just pulls), right? I'm assuming that if they do twist, they're a little thicker...? Just wondering. :smile:

7. peter nap

peter nap Member

Unless I'm missing your meaning, It's all twist or rather, spin.

8. jared3377

jared3377 Member

I see...thanks! :smile: