Spell Check

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Scottm, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Last night I was on the phone with Augi and I mentioned something about wishing for spell check. Well, he informed me that if you look to the top right hand corner of the posting box you are typing in (above the smilies) is a ABC check. I had to download a shareware program that I was directed to after clicking the spell check icon. am I the only one that has not noticed that?:grin:

it even knows how to spell dérailleur with the little tilde over the e
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2007

2. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Eye did knot notice that. But even if you spell it write, the wrong words can bee used. So funny, the spell check said that this was all correct.
  3. Jim H

Jim H Guest

You are not alone Scott...it wood be nyce to cee it used.
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

it sure would...man, the subject-lines are looking really bad lately...please install (and use) spell check, or soon we won't be able to find anything unless we purposely misspell it.
  5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

My security systems won't allow me to download that spell checker. But I think I may have another one that I can use.
  6. DougC

DougC Guest

Firefox has a spell-checker built in, and it works on any websites you visit.
  7. kevbo

kevbo Guest

And we Opera users can download aspell that will will spell check any text entry box. By the way, that "spell check" thing seems NOT to work with Opera. (not complaining mind you!)
  8. Tom

Tom Active Member

Ive got automatic spell check on Firefox or the google toolbar or whatever. It automatically underlines words as i type.
  9. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

When I have an issue with spelling I paste the word (werd) into MS Word and it does the spell checking.
  10. kevbo

kevbo Guest

Thing is, even if we we're two get ever won too dew a spell cheque, well still have two brake there tows four knot tipping the write words weather or gnaw they are spilled wright. That and incomplete sentences. Irregardless, this sight is a darned site batter then mini udders! Wear else cud yew fine out sew much about enjoins too mach bikes gofer an fast an breaks too make them stop write?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2007