Spices...Do you hal,ve a favorite blend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PatrickW, Mar 9, 2011.

1. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Simple=Simon and I were discussing favorite spice blends. Do you have one? Would you like to contribute? :

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

2. sparky

sparky Active Member

Cayenne and Tonys go on just about everything.
    Dales & Worcestershire (spell that 10 times fast!) are other favorites.
    I like to use onions on just about everything. Parsley and basil are great, as well.

Just depends on what we're cooking, really.

Had some carrots at a friends house last night. They were boiled in chicken broth (no water), cayenne, & one more thing that escapes me. Never had carrots that good in my life.

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I like a lot of different spices. Here in Cajun country, it is all about the Tony Chachere's, and/or Louisiana Hot Sauce. Tabasco is too bland.

As regards onions, I use them in almost everything I cook. When asked why one time, my reply was, "God created Onions so the Man might have a fore-taste of the ambrosia of heaven."

4. Dave C

Dave C Member

...and I once said, "onions are a curse on man, one best left in the ground to rot.":ack2::jester:

I use all kinds of spices, S&P, onion POWDER, garlic powder and salt, real Mexican chili powder, oregano, thyme, paprika, Jimmy's seasoning, Nature's seasoning, this stuff called Kitchen Boquet, prob more I'm not remembering. There are times I have 4 different kinds of soy sauce. Kikkoman, LaChoy, Shoyu Japanese soy sauce and Aloha, tastes like the soy you get in a Chinese restaurant.

So, yeah, I use a lot of spices :)

5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Start sauteing onions & the whole house gets hungry!!!

I like lemon/pepper or Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning for grilled chicken. Louisiana Cajun seasoning is good, too.

Hard to beat Montreal seasoning for steaks & burgers.

Sprinkle a lil Williams' Chili Seasoning on fried eggs, as they're cooking.

6. a/c man

a/c man Member

I live in Maryland and the spice mixture that is still my favorite is Old Bay.
    This is steamed crab and crab cake country.
    Try Old Bay on french fries or in your fried chicken coating..
    You guys just made me hungry...
    TiM

7. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Potassium iodide is my current spice/flavoring of choice. Before you make this something it is not.........potassium iodide is a form of salt. Salt licks down to table salt, I love them.....but my fav is sea salt.

8. Dave C

Dave C Member

...potassium iodide also blocks radiation asorbtion by the thyroid.

nomnomnomnomnomnom:ack2:

9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Hmmm, thought Potassium Iodide was the additive to Sodium Chloride that makes it iodized to prevent goiter. What ever, anyway, the *experts* say it's bad for ya. Is that why your wife locked you in the cellar Stan4rd??? Won't stay on your sodium free diet??? :jester: Just avoid the Potassium Nitrate.

10. Dave C

Dave C Member

11. spad4me

spad4me Member

You may have a taste of heaven but the person behind you is thinking of another place

I haven't been able to eat onions without massive gas for years.

12. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

And yet another way to decrease your fuel consumption. Do you use a boost bottle?

13. spad4me

spad4me Member

Nah no boost bottle yet.
    I went riding by the high school today. A car full of teenagers flipped me off.
    They &^%$ when I caught them .
    I played hare and hound for about twenty minutes with them.
    LOL.
    I do want one of these.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ZENOAH-GP460-GO...360?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf5db7b48

Thats a spicy meatball!!!

14. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Yeah, kids have a tendency to act before thinking. I remember a few Oh s*%t instances in my misspent youth. At least you had fun with it. :devilish: