Spirit Horse begins

Here is the early version of my first build. It looks like the majority of builds.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=1606

I still have a few things to fine tune but so far I love this project. I began with a Micargi Tahiti cruiser bike and added an 80 (64cc) motor from Blue Collar Bikes. The engine fit the frame like it was made for it. The only challenges so far, was adjusting the clutch so it would actually disengage and the chain rubbing the rear wheel. I now have the clutch so it works properly and I tweaked the rear wheel slightly to stop the rubbing.

I added or changed
added front brake
changed seat
changed handle bars to BMX

I also replaced the mounting studs with 1/4 x 20 allthread. I added an O ring to the carburator and threw on a little paint just for style.

I want to thank everyone that has contributed so much information, it really helped. I am a visual person, so I chose to approach this build using mostly stock set up. Now I will travel around a little and tighten and fix items as they come up. In October when the weather changes, I will return the bike to my shop for a major upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good looking bike. What change did you make to the front brake?

Thanks Van

I added a cantilever brake for a BMX bike that I got at the local bicycle shop. The bike originally only has the cruiser brake so I thought better safe than sorry. :eek:

Trying this again. Here is a close up of the motor install

bike5.jpg

Well it worked this time. Not sure what I did different. Now to figure out how to put in more than one picture.

Last edited:
I use the little paperclip icon in Advanced reply. Keep loading pics until they are all there. Then click on the paper clip again, and click on Insert All.

Back