Spookytooth Death races

Sgt. Howard

Local time
6:47 AM
I have been under a rock the past few... the latest mention I find of these races is 2011- are they no more?

I have been under a rock the past few... the latest mention I find of these races is 2011- are they no more?
The last Death Race held was on April 16th 2011 in Tucson. Spooky Tooth had nothing to do with that race as they had been sold out to BikeBerry.

The first California motorized bicycle race was on June 18th 2011 at Willow Springs go kart track.

1st Race Willow Springs Go Kart Track June 18th 2011

2nd Race Grange Motor Circuit October 22nd 2011 CCW

3rd Race Grange Motor Circuit April 7th 2012 CCW

4th Race Grange Motor Circuit June 2nd 2012 CW

5th Race Grange Motor Circuit October 20th 2012 CCW

6th Race Grange Motor Circuit April 13th 2013 CCW

7th Race Grange Motor Circuit June 1st 2013 CW

8th Race Willow Springs 1/4 Mile Oval July 27th 2013 CCW

9th Race Willow Springs 1/4 Mile Oval Sept 7th 2013 CCW

10th Race Grange Motor Circuit October 19th 2013

The next race is on Saturday April 12th 2014 back at the Willow Springs go kart track.

Are there ANY MAB race/rally/BBQ/Winter skinny dipping activities in the Pacific North West? Just thought I would ask...

Check the events and gatherings thread, if there is any info, that's where it'll be. Winter skinny dipping? Really? Is "under a rock" a euphemism for prison?

Check the events and gatherings thread, if there is any info, that's where it'll be. Winter skinny dipping? Really? Is "under a rock" a euphemism for prison?

We in the Okanogan do all manner of things that will leave you scratching your head- Suicide races, outhouse races, barter fair, garlic festival, anvil shoots, stump-blowing competitions and of course monster truck rallys and speedboat races...
Prison? Naw, next best thing- 24/7 call for surgery...

Yet none of that has anything to do with motorized bicycles. No offense, bro, but if that's the kind of thing they do for fun where YOU live, I'm sure there is some local info on these activities? I don't think this forum is an appropriate place to seek info on those activities, or anything else that isn't motorized bicycle related. And fwiw, your adapter only fits a certain hub. Huffy doesn't even make their hubs that wide anymore. They copy the Shimano CB110 hub now, as I imagine most department store bike manufacturers do. It's a 1/2" shorter than the old Huffy hubs. I ordered a replacement wheel from Huffy and that's how I found out. I've since gone to Manic Mechanic and your adapter is sitting in my basement, unusable and unsellable. I'm not asking for my money back, just making you aware that your product is dead. And I'm not interested in hearing how you're getting the ball rolling again and re-engineering it. It does me no good, and the manic adapter is lighter and easier to install anyway.

wow... here I thought your first reply was facetious so I responded in kind- regarding that hub mount- I would buy it from you at full price +shipping if you are interested- there are those who still use the older wheel up here. Friday is my next payday- I believe it was $55 plus that $5 and change for the smaller one-price-if-it-fits box at the post awful. What manner of payment would you prefer?

Well, if you really want to buy it back, I would appreciate that. I need to make you aware, I tried to shave it down, so one of the three piece is missing a few thousandths of an inch, opposite the side the bolts go in. I was using a sanding disc on a drill that didn't have enough power to begin with. The battery went dead and I gave up. But I do believe the adapter is still fully usable, as neither the clamping surfaces or any of the bolt holes were altered in any way. I think I paid $60 plus shipping, but I will sell it to you for $50 on account of the attempted alteration. If you're still interested, that is. I prefer PayPal, and if you'll still buy it back, I'll pm you my address.

Back