Sport for the NOT faint of heart.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zev0, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Zev0

Zev0 Member

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Hahahaha - looks like a transformer body surfing!

3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

THAT's ALMOST LIKE BEING SUPERHERO... AWESOME!!!!!

4. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

That is an ultimate rush. Wish they had taken us to the end. Kept thinking about the people on the bikes. You look down and a transformer flashes by.

Steve.

5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Ma, oh man, OHHH MAN! I wish I was 20 years younger and could try that.

6. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

You gotta be out of your mind to try that! What if there was a stopped vehicle just around one of those corners? It's obvious that was not a closed course. Can you say road pizza?

Jim

7. SimpleSimon

Life is a risk. Some risks are worth taking.

8. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

I agree but that is one risk I do not wish to take. I still have things I want to do before I die. lol

Jim

9. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

yeah... but wouldn't that be one of them ????

10. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

uh no....
    Actually I'm a member of the safety committee at work and that just screams of disaster. Maybe when I was young, dumb, and crazy I might have thought about doing it but not now. I feel like I'm on borrowed time as it is because of the dumb things I did as a kid.

Jim

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  11. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I'm with Jim.

It's one thing to do something like that on a closed road - still very, very risky.

This fella was going down an open road with normal traffic. So when he was going around those corners and crossing into the opposite lane, what if there was a car or truck coming up the hill? Forget about the "risk taker" in the transformer outfit with wheels - a driver coming the other way could panic and kill themselves trying to avoid hitting the tin man. It is one thing to take a risk that can only affect you, it is entirely another when you risk the safety of others.

Lots of videos of motorcyclists riding like maniacs on the "tail of the dragon" at deals gap in NC. A lot of them cross into the opposing lane and hit opposing traffic head on. I wonder if it was worth it?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  12. SimpleSimon

Can't argue with you, arcee. Nor can I argue with RK. You'll note I said I wished I was twenty years younger - back then it was hang gliders, ultra lights, sky-diving and bungee jumping, amongst other things. None of that anymore.

13. mikem

mikem Member

I agree arceeguy. I wish this guy would re-think what he's doing. He might be having some fun but looks like he's putting other people in mortal danger at the same time. Inexcusable.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  14. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

saw the inventer of that suit on tv
    will be out soon for sale

--------------------------- around 750 dollars

maybe later a Happy Time adapter will also be available ??

roll that THING

15. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

Right on, Jim. I tell my kids and my nieces to be extra careful 'cause my brother and I used up all of the luck coming up.

16. robin bird

robin bird Member

My older friend now 80 always said the older you get the more you should risk--because you have less of life to live......he first told me this when we were perched on the edge of a precipise on a mountain trail and i was totaly frightened...of course i never beleived him....but i have seen my best friend fall off a mountain and get killed when we were both on an extreme hike....now iam way more careful...its the family that really suffers...as his did he left 3 younger children behind..its not just about you !!

17. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Watch out for cattle grates!