Springier Fork - How to Adjust Suspension

panmines

Local time
1:47 AM
So I just received a monarch springier fork, specifically the type made by this company. I have yet to test it on a ride, but the springs are very strong (or tight) and there is little suspension play when I press down on the handle bars. I think this is how the forks are designed to be but I am wanting a bit more spring action. Is there a way to adjust the forks to allow more or less suspension action? I am thinking having the bolts on the bottom rockers a bit loose would help. Is this a stupid idea? Any other though would be appreciated.

one doesn't want anything loose in the front end - adjustable springers usually have 4 springs

best thing to do would be to get lighter springs for it, but then you might need the upper springs or a shock absorber to prevent 'pogoing'

read up a bit on how motorcycles did it in the 40s and 50s

If the fork is designed for a pedal bike and no luggage then I would expect you will feel differently once you take it for a spin with the weight of an engine and fuel fixed to the bike frame.
IMO undamped suspension needs to be very stiff / not very active. A suspension bike with a blown shock is not a good ride. As Crassius says it feels like a pogo stick.

Back