Sprockets

Anthony 4k

Local time
4:10 AM
Could someone give me an idea on the differences of the different tooth sprockets. I've got the 44 thinking about going to a 41 but don't know if I should go even lower not sure how big the difference is between each.thanks

For the 66cc motor 44t is pretty much the perfect sprocket.
If you live in flat country, you may want fewer teeth.
If you live in hilly country you may want more teeth.

If you want more speed and power, you can modify ports and head to get it.
If you don't abide by the above axioms, your bike will turn into a slug.
With a 36T sprocket you may get more top end speed on the flat, but it will be a slug getting there.

Steve

I did not find the 36 that bad .the rev are lower sounds better . Grate on long trips .it took about a week be for my motor got used to it and I don't need to pedal .ever .i think a 30t is perfect .each to his own

much of your choice depends on how many hills are in your area and how much you weigh

i'm reluctant to get a smaller sprocket than 44 sure on flat you get more speed but with 44 its perfect going up the steepest hill so far (60% gradient) for about 1 mile it kept 22mph with some pedalling on flat 26 ish hills be the main concern !

I did not find the 36 that bad .the rev are lower sounds better . Grate on long trips .it took about a week be for my motor got used to it and I don't need to pedal .ever .i think a 30t is perfect .each to his own
Wow, that tells me a lot. 44 is ridiculous so 41 not much change from 44

i'm reluctant to get a smaller sprocket than 44 sure on flat you get more speed but with 44 its perfect going up the steepest hill so far (60% gradient) for about 1 mile it kept 22mph with some pedalling on flat 26 ish hills be the main concern !
In Missouri there's Hills but just cruising is pretty rapped out

Back