squeaking noise near the small gear or clutch assembly

dotcom

Local time
10:34 PM
Chain is fairly new, cleaned and freshly lubed and the clutch assembly is greased (where it is recommended between the big and small clutch gears) but I still get a very annoying squeaking sound when the clutch lever is pulled in and I can pedal or slowing from engine speed when I pull the clutch lever in I get this annoying squeaking sound. I can't figure out what it is. It's been doing it for quite some time but I usually just ignore it, it will go away but always comes back. Anyone know what it is?

Last edited:
first, grease the bucking bar and the bottom end of the clutch arm shaft

if the noise is still there, open the clutch cover and look for marks on the inside of the cover

I recently changed the cover that the clutch arm goes in because the old one at the very bottom has a hole in it all the way through the cover but after greasing those 2 parts, I have not heard a squeak. Is the old cover garbage or can I still use it with a hold it in?

I'd guess it depends on where the hole is. The whole cover is open at the back, but it needs to be strong enough to bear the pressure of the clutch arm, so a hole might mean a weak spot that may crack at some point.

its directly under the clutch arm as if the clutch arm were longer and needed to go deeper. I will try to upload it shortly

DSCN0257.jpgDSCN0258.jpg

I have no idea what could have caused that, but I'd smear something over the hole to seal it & run it - jb-weld might be good here

Back