St. Louis Ride and Swap Meet

prof fate

Local time
10:29 AM
Sunday July 26, 2009 12:00 Forest Park upper Muny parking lot

Please plan on attending the first ever (and hopefully annual)
Motorized Bike Ride of St. Louis
This is a every low key and disorganized :giggle:get together for those of us that enjoy building and riding motorized bikes. Friction drive, center mount, push, home made or electric, all are welcome. Please bring along all the bits and pieces that you have lying around your garage, as that useless paperweight you have may be the pivotal part of another's project.
The ride's route is yet to be determined. The present plan is to pick a mutually agreeable destination to grab a burger and adult beverage for those of us over 21. Speaking of which, this hobby brings in all age groups. If you enjoy riding or tinkering with motorized bikes, you are invited to attend. Helmets are highly recommended.:helmet:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea!. I'll see you there! I'll be offering my vintage, newly rebuilt Big Bug engine for sale at the get together. I'll have to bring a flier and pictures however. I'll be riding my other bike. It's a shame you can only ride one at a time. Only downside of owning more than one!
Anyone from STL interested in the Bike Bug before the meet, pm me.
-mike

Whew. I'm glad your bringing a bike for sale cause I kinda fibbed when I posted the event on St. Louis craigslist and said that there might be bike for sale. We have 6 confirmed as of now and with craigslist should get a few extra people wandering in. We have another 6 that asked for a Fall ride so they can attend. It's snowballing. Wahoo

Well you're still in trouble. I'm only bringing pictures! I can only ride one bike there, and I don't have a rack for it.
-Mike

A friend of mine imports a folding electric bike called the Bolt. He said he's come with an extra one for people to test ride.

Woot - I'm totally in on this. I'll try and bring a bag of odds and ends, too. I wrecked my nice bike and bent up the fork beyond repair, but I got a beater running tonight with some spare parts, so I'll probably show up with some abomination of a motorbike and leave any sense of fashionable riding behind. Rock out with your helmet out!

I live in north county, so riding there is a bit out of the question, but if I can find a truck I will certainly join you guys.

Has anyone tried to take their bike on Metrolink?

This abomination is shaping up quite nicely - I may swap out my 36T sprocket and go back to the 44T since I'm using my crumby engine with no torque, but I'm entirely too excited about this meetup to miss it for a minor performance issue.

Abomination2.jpg

Caprirs- I just throw my bikes on a strap-on bike rack on the back of my hatchback. Unless you're running a seriously heavy bike, the same ought to work for you. If you're running a remarkably light bike, I may be able to pick you and your ride up along with my own. Of course, if anybody has a truck, that'd be a better idea.

See you all this Sunday, noon at the upper Muny lot!!!
Sunday July 26, 2009 12:00 Forest Park upper Muny parking lot
Top posting this for Sunday.
-m

Back