Stainless steel gas tank because I'm tired of rust and holes in the tank-torn off studs.

lazylightning@mail.r

Local time
6:37 AM
I always had rust in my tank and it would make it's way through the filter and into the carb. The mounting studs got torn off a few times and it was a pain to weld that cheezy tank back together. So I made a new one! The cap even has a three level trap with spiral labyrinths on the first two levels. It doesn't leak on bumby roads at all! 2.0 liters exactly.

Attachments

• bcvkSZM2Lb0.jpg
    bcvkSZM2Lb0.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 387
  • idkn0HCaQvE.jpg
    idkn0HCaQvE.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 346
  • j6uCmnYQyZA.jpg
    j6uCmnYQyZA.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 392
  • jDAcpAfYwc4.jpg
    jDAcpAfYwc4.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 372
  • NtQOh1oeaVU.jpg
    NtQOh1oeaVU.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 355
  • ohkcryTX-JM.jpg
    ohkcryTX-JM.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 396
  • owBNlECfs0U.jpg
    owBNlECfs0U.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 362
  • XZD6mqwmFxg.jpg
    XZD6mqwmFxg.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 346
I always had rust in my tank and it would make it's way through the filter and into the carb. The mounting studs got torn off a few times and it was a pain to weld that cheezy tank back together. So I made a new one! The cap even has a three level trap with spiral labyrinths on the first two levels. It doesn't leak on bumby roads at all! 2.0 liters exactly.

Nice job! I line the inside of my tanks and have no problem.

Thanks! I wanted something that looked nice too. I was really tired of the stock gas tank and the way it looks. Plus I had the posts tear a bit at the tank and caused it to leak. I will never ever weld a tank to bolts. The only way I will hold it on is with a wrap around clamp thingy. I do lots of jumping and racing on bad roads and off-road. Those stock tanks don't like it and I had to weld shut the cracks around the place where the bolts are joined to the wall of the tank several times already. Like they say, the moment had ripened...

Back