Standing behind your product

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

2. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

bt is right...wonder how many rehearsals they did without any one behind the glass, and wonder if they cut the load down. Still impressive tho.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It wouldn't many how many times i witnessed successful tests, for i would fill my drawers after the first shot behind the glass; maybe fill my drawers before the first shot, even with a cut down load.

4. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

"Today I get to shoot my boss"

I wonder how many people have wish they could say that.

5. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

How many rounds in a AK47, 10 15, whatever.

Because in real life situation the would be shooter will go the whole book, not just 3 shots.
    That's the real test.

My bet would be, eventually after 10 rounds, or maybe 15 rounds fired as in a real situation, failure.

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Though logic would suggest that after the first round hit the glass you would place your body below the glass level and hide behind the door structure which is lined with an even tougher bullet resistant material in the door frame.

They have a video showing an AK-47 firing 10 rounds in close succession, focused on a singe point at the door skin liner - there was no penetration.
    Must also be remembered that the person shooting would be firing at a moving target and possibly being in a moving vehicle themselves. Very difficult in such a situation to accurately keep hitting the same point whilst emptying the clip.

Having said that, if you got hit by a 50 cal, nothing will save you.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  7. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Awesome video. AK-47 is generally has a 30 round magazine and can fire them all off in about 3 seconds.

(With a 50cal your not only worried about getting hit, your also worried about the chunks of shrapnel cutting you into pieces)

8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

The AK is an effective weapon if used for the purposes for which it was designed. Which do not include assaulting vehicles.

For that, one ought properly use a weapon designed for that purpose. Light armor (which is really the most any automobile carries) will succumb quite readily to properly designed penetrator rounds fired from a weapon of sufficient power, such as a Barrett .50. Even a .44 magnum, with discarding sabot tungsten penetrator rounds, will turn most vehicular armor into the equivalent of Swiss cheese. While not commercially available, such rounds are relatively easy to make.

There are other, slightly more exotic alternatives which any competent mechanic with access to a milling machine can make at home. I personally favor a .75 caliber pre-boosted rocket round with a burn out velocity of 2,200 meters per second and a 37 gram cap and casing. That will blow holes in a meter of reinforced concrete. It's primary drawback is that it requires 18 meters from the muzzle to reach terminal velocity. Lovely little thing, really.

9. DeathProof

DeathProof Member

im guessing if he wouldve unloaded that clip the glass wouldn't hold lol but still got big kahoonas!

10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Quote: "I personally favor a .75 caliber pre-boosted rocket round with a burn out velocity of 2,200 meters per second and a 37 gram cap and casing. That will blow holes in a meter of reinforced concrete. It's primary drawback is that it requires 18 meters from the muzzle to reach terminal velocity. Lovely little thing, really."

@ SimpleSimon

My question to SimpleSimon is a simple one: "why",

why do you have the need or requirement to have concrete penetrator rounds for home use in a civilised country, residing in a civilised neighbourhood and engaging with a level of personal civility in a civilised society.

SimpleSimon, may i say that you are living in a 1st world country, "NOT" Somalia for cripes sake.

Would you not agree with me that concrete penetrator rounds are just slightly overkill for home protection, with surrounding houses built out of oversized pine match sticks and dry wall with only but a single coat of non ballistic exterior paint applied to the outside wall structure.

11. SimpleSimon

Why?

The individual's greatest danger in society comes not from other individuals, but from the collective empowerment of a self-selected "elite" colloquially known as "government". No, that doesn't make me an anarchist, it simply makes me a realist.

When government musters forces which include armored weapon systems, the individual has little recourse should he conclude that the only viable option remaining is rebellion. Knowing how to deal with such weapon systems is mostly an intellectual exercise for myself, but ensuring that the knowledge is widespread is an obligation of freedom.

Sure, government is necessary, and does many, many useful things that enrich and empower individuals within a society when it operates benignly. Unfortunately, there is not now nor has there ever been in human history a single example of government which (over time) has not systematically encroached upon personal freedom.

No, I do not possess any weapons other than common household goods. What I possess is the knowledge of how to use such items, and rather less common tools, to produce weapons that may effectively take on all but the heaviest armored land vehicles. What the triggering circumstances or events might be to incite open rebellion is an individual decision, and not one to be taken lightly or unprepared.

Knowing how to use, or to make, the tools necessary to a task is the first step toward its accomplishment. A person who neither knows how to use, nor how to make needed tools, is a useless waste of air.

12. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I'm sitting on the other side of the world, with a smile on my face, and an image of SimpleSimon on his trike, dressed in cammo gear and dark sunglasses and a bunch kinetic concrete penetrators at the ready, with an itchy trigger finger, whilst the rest of the neighbourhood is rapidly building double besser brick, rebar reinforced walls,,,,,,,should that trigger finger for some reason have a preemptive itch.

13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I've just realised that i'm a useless waste of air, as described by SimpleSimon.

Gosh, what may i now do with my life, but go back to positively contributing to my local community, though feeling less fulfilled without concrete penetrator rounds or such knowledge.

14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I just love this thread - more humour than a Monty Python skit.

15. SimpleSimon

I assume you can read, Fabian. Work on your comprehension and retention skills, please.

By the way, self-panicking "comedians" get boring very, very quickly.

16. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I'm feeling the need to panic.

SS, we all have something to bring to this discussion. But I think from now on the thing you should bring is silence if discussing concrete penetrators.

I hope my humour isn't getting boring for i could vamp it up; adding some colour and motion if required ;-)

17. SimpleSimon

Your advice is noted, and discarded for lack of worth.

18. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Oh please SimpleSimon, don't be like that, for we all love you dearly, myself included.
    In the future we will look back on this dialogue, chatting about your post whereby you practically maligned a good portion of this site with your below comment:

What I possess is the knowledge of how to use such items, and rather less common tools, to produce weapons that may effectively take on all but the heaviest armored land vehicles.
    A person who neither knows how to use, nor how to make needed tools, is a useless waste of air.

19. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I for one, have no need and no interest in making tools to take on all but the heaviest armoured vehicles, besides, such activity is considered highly illegal these days.

It's getting to the point where motorized bicycles are about to become illegal, but i'm happy to flirt on the edge, though i'll leave manufacturing of kinetic concrete penetrators to those who feel such a need for rubble creating rebellion.

20. SimpleSimon

Like I said, Fabian, you need to work on your comprehension skills.

You apparently failed to note that the lines you quoted were from different paragraphs. The first was a very specific statement regarding a very specific knowldge base, whilst the second was a generalization, a summation if you will, of my personal attitude as it extends to encompass the specific knowledge base referenced as well as most other topics.

The primary difference between humans and other animals lies in our usage of tools to accomplish desired goals, consistently and constantly. Persons who do not comprehend their tools, and are not curious about other tools, are just more comfortable animals. Which is obviously a personal opinion of mine. Whether you or others share it is immaterial.