Star Trek- saw it, will see it again

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HoughMade, May 9, 2009.

1. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

All I'll say is this- I believe it is impossible for either the Star Trek enthusiast or the casual movie-goer to be disappointed. It is good....really, really good

Since '82, nothing in the Star Trek genre has approached "The Wrath of Khan"....now, having seen it Thursday (first standard release showing at 7pm eastern), I am left wondering which is better...it's tough, but I think I will give the edge to the new movie.

I will not give away plot points, but there is enough "inside baseball" to keep true Star Trek devotees happy (like myself), but it is not really necessary to have a vast Star Trek knowledge base to enjoy it. There was about a minute that was unnecessary, but (unfortunately) nothing you won't see on network TV.

I cannot be more positive about this movie- 2 thumbs and 2 big toes way up!!!!

See it.
    See it.
    See it.

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I'm going to go see it tomorrow morning at the early matinee showing - I've found the theaters nearly empty then. Went yesterday afternoon, intending to watch it with my lady friend when she got out of school, and the lines were ridiculous. So, we'll go tomorrow.

The trailers look incredlible, and some acquaintances who got to see sneek previews last month have raved about it.

3. loquin

loquin Active Member

The previews look good. And, I'd love to get there tonight or tomorrow, but...

I've got a wife who's got the end-of-the-school year-paperworkblues (she's a special ed teacher,) and the lack of time that goes with it. That, coupled with the fact that we were given a pair of VERY nice baseball tickets for a game tomorrow, means that it's not gonna happen THIS weekend.

4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear a good review.

Being a confirmed Hollywood-hater, I view "retro" productions, in particular, with trepidation.

But if they can put together a Kirk, Spock, McCoy story that feels something like the old ones, then I'll be glad to see it.

5. Waterfowl

Waterfowl MBc-Sponsor

If the new Star Trek movie is half as good as everyone says then I have to go see it!