Start of something good.

spltshft

Local time
1:13 PM
Hello all! I as you already know am new here and new to the motorized bike world. The first prodject I have on the go is strapping a 49cc 2 stroke onto my mountain bike. The next, and the one I am going to need help with, is putting a gasoline motor on my Motorino XPr 500W scooter. I am hoping to make a "hybrid" of sorts. I am not sure if this has been done without total destruction.

Well I have a Motorino XPr which I mentioned, that has been giving me some trouble latley. It has a 225lbs max wieght that I go over with my extra batteries and wieght from the gear I carry. I would like to get rid of the extra battery packs under the seat and mount a 2 stroke. The goal is to make it look as if it is still just an electric scooter, which you don't need inssurance for here in B.C.

welcome -- looking forward to watching your project

The goal is to make it look as if it is still just an electric scooter, which you don't need inssurance for here in B.C.

welcome -- looking forward to watching your project

just wondering about the noise of a 2-stroke ??

hard to go under cover with one of those things

Tim Allen it.

Yea a 2 stroke would be loud but I am not planning on using the gas motor as the primary source of power. Just a little extra power for hills like a support and have the gears set to pick up where the electric tops out.

There are several small 4 strokes out there that are considerably quieter than a 2 cycle. I use a Robin EHO35 and it is quiet and reliable.

I havent decided on what type of motor to run. I first need to find out the average running temp for both and make sure that mounting under the seat will work.

I am not to worried about over heating the gasoline engine components as much as I am the electric. The controlers on these bikes are very sensitive. The other issue to work out is the throttle. The mototrino uses all electric and no cable. I was thinking I could either put a throttle on each side or put a peddle on the floor.

Back