Start power!

canalcat

Local time
4:43 PM
What mod do I do to get more power on just throttling up ?after I get mid to wot I'm good!is this a carb issue?

usually just a 2-stroke issue, in that, 'that's how they are' - slow cruising thru the parking lot just doesn't happen

Learning to feather the clutch will help. If you are heavy or have too high gearing, feathering the clutch may not work, but if you are light and have stock gearing then it should help a lot. Basically, at a dead stop you let the clutch out slowly while slowly giving it throttle. I'm told it takes practice. Never tried it, but it should enable you to take off with less pedaling and possibly none at all. It's an old motorcycle trick, and not only will it make takeoff easier, its less stretch on the clutch as well. From what I'm told, its pretty intuitive as you will get a feel for when you're doing it wrong, letting the clutch out too fast and the bike will stall on you but you'll get the hang of it.

consider the fact that the carb that comes with these 2 strokes does not have an idle circuit (a section for mixing the air and gas at idle and just higher than idle). the main circuit takes care of that job and does a crappy job of mixing the two at idle, just barely good enough for it to run.
Put a good carb on it and jet it correctly and you will see a world of difference.

Back