Starting a HT with a HT

Al.Fisherman

Local time
12:38 AM
The other day I dismantled (sticky above the 2 stroke section) my son's 80cc HT looking for a sound that needed to be taken care of, only to find out the piston was tapping the head. I had resurfaced the head and installed a SBP thin gasket. Well after putting back together we have both the same noise (now taken care of) and a starting problem. Checked everything and didn't find anything obvious as to why the engine won't start. So I decided to pull start it. I drug out my 80cc mounted on a cruiser, me at 205#, my son at 135#, down the road we go without the least bit of strain, surprised both of us.. Looks like any road trip we do will include the length of rope.

I'm jealous that you have a son you can ride with....consider yourself very lucky. Glad to hear you found an alternate means of starting your HT engine.

I ride with 5-7 Heaven frequently. He did have a dual engine setup, so it was more likely I would fail before he did. We always carry a little tow-rope just in case. So far the little happy time has always gotten me home :)

You guys are so lucky! I wished I had someone to go riding with! Thank goodness for the master link for when my HT breaks down while on the road, just a quick disconnect of the drive chain and a VERY LONG peddle back home.

Back