Starting over on the GEBE...

While outside the concrete and steel structure the rains drizzled down in cold gusting , from deep within the machineries of industry whirred and growled; the cachunk-cachunk-cachunk of metal being cut and formed in ten thousands of an inch precision.
New parts for the beast were being cut...

Okay so here's the "shift" knob/lever for the belt tensioner on the GEBE bike. The lathe dept. took a scrap chunk of brass round stock I had in my toolbox, and created this piece for me.
Thanks Dave!!!

Attachments

• gebe shift1.jpg
    gebe shift1.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 266
  • gebe shift2.jpg
    gebe shift2.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 250
  • gebe shift3.jpg
    gebe shift3.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 257
I Wonder About rack

Distance from axle to engine drive shaft in pic.

The rack looks attached to frame, but, if it is, it is not as high as it needs to be to function with drive ring and is canted backward, which will slightly reduce drive torque, but not much.

Just curious. Did I miss something?

Also, like the tension lever treatment. I used a SS acorn nut and cut piece of golf shaft.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears Unc simply is showing us a concept mock-up of what he has in mind for this upcoming build; nothing is attached yet in this photo...am I right Unc?

Correct you are Jim,
The engine is not mounted in any way, itm is merely resting upon the rear tire.
I always do mock ups for fit and asthetics before hard mounting. I just needed to get a general Idea of how it would look, and to see how other components would fit... You'll see some interesting stuff going on that will make you ask "what the heck is he doing?"
Fear not friends, it won't be a dangerously cobbled together rattle-trap... :D
Heck those aren't even the wheels or forks I'll be using, but again for the purpose of visualization I used parts from my scrap/spares pile for mock up. I just wish I had an actual shop to set up my equipment in with more room than a 4'X4' space to try to wrench... Soon enough though, soon enough...:cool:

Well my spring fork should be here in a few days for this baby. It's a little later than early 1900's but I think will still look just fine and fit in with the vision/theme here.
Pic.s to come...

Good work Rif. Either you've built one before w/o planning or you are very wise. Can't wait to see it running.:D
Glad to have to back from your fishin trip. Catch anything?;)

caught some perspective... heh. :)
Yeah I've a long illustrious history of tinkering and buolding such things. With experience comes the wisdom. I'm still waiting. for the wisdom part LOL...

Fork Mock-up

So my fork set-up has arrived and I believe that it looks just fine, even though it is a bit later than the early 1900's that I am attemptiong to honor, I don't think it will look tacky or detract from the spirit of this build up...

Attachments

• gebe springer.jpg
    gebe springer.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 269
  • gebe springer2.jpg
    gebe springer2.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 243
Back