Starting over on the GEBE...

Thanks! I think so too, and it won't be out of place at all... This baby is gonna be a fun one, not only to build but to cruise as well...:cool:

Why is he drilling holes in the side of his Fuel tank?!?
Stay tuned for pic.s of this little detail...
Also a pic of one of my helpers, 'Duncan'

Attachments

• HPIM0574.JPG
    HPIM0574.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 261
  • HPIM0575.JPG
    HPIM0575.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 248
  • HPIM0572.JPG
    HPIM0572.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 231
You'll see... ;-)
It's not really all that exciting, but a neat little detail I think. Gonna do some of the work at, well, work- my job place- this weekend. They have the drill size and machineries to do this right.
:)

Hobby and Craft Time

Right?

Looks to be interesting project.

While Monarchs were never as popular as those special and pricey Schwinn Phantoms, when I was a lad, seems they have become quite the thing nowadays. I always thought their springer forks made more sense than the "knee action" of the Schwinn, cool as the Schwinn bikes were/are.

Either way, sort of a must if a motored machine, to ease both bike and rider. Shock absorbing seat posts may help cushion the rider but they really do not save bike the hard knocks like a forgiving fork.

Git 'er done! Spring is just

"A-round the corner, behind the bush, lookin' for Henry Lee!"

5 more inches of snow here, so see you next class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey hive,
That's no Joke about suspension. If you look in my thread about riding across america, you'll see that the bike I rode had no suspension, which I'm positive contributed to the final demise of the bike, and myself LOL! Honestly I find that the Cleveland Welding forks work the best for bicycles, but the spring rate isn't heavy enough for motorizing, as my whizzer powered '50 DX has proven. Though I've never ridden a monark dual spring, so I'm anxious to see how this baby handles. I am going to rework it some- I don't like how very little clearance there is between the nuts and spokes on the rocker attaching point. Though it's taking a bit longer to build, I am really enjoying the process and the details of this project...

Forks

Yep! Learned that on the Trek cruiser I had. Neat bike; bad ride, with no springs. Dang near killed me, without the motor. Wrists and me phistarous took a beating. The Raleigh Gruv is a dream compared to it, even under Asian powa!

I thought I saw some site where you could buy heavier fork springs for those dual springers someplace...

I will look through my files and post if I can locate it. Outfit someplace sold tons of stuff like that.

Hey I'd sure appreciate that!
I thought about heading over to the spring supply place near here, but to try to figure out what spring rate I needed seemed like it was going to be a problem...
Anyway, this bike seems like it is going to be much lighter, and the majority of the weight is over the rear wheel and not as much weight put towards the fork, so we'll see how the Monarch handles on it.

i know what the holes in the tank are for :)

i also know this build's gonna be an artistic and respectful "now" rendition of "then"...i'm diggin' the spirit behind this one, buddy. my wheels arrived today (wink wink) so again it seems we are on parallel mb-paths :cool:

rock (& roll) on!!

Yup! A Modern interpetation of our heritage...
;)
Hey that's awesome, how do the wheels look and feel? are they just what was needed? Pic.s to come of this latest detail. Not today though, I'm home from work as my tooth pain was so bad I had to leave and go to the dentist for emergency temporary relief. :-(
Anyway that's off topic, so to come back around, yes, this ol' girl's coming together well and in a way that is pleasing to the senses. I haven't a clue as to what to call her though...
I thought about 'Addams Flyer', but meh; it's too much ego and not enough emphasis on the bike itself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back