State by state forum is there an interest?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by triple threat, Jun 28, 2008.

1. triple threat

triple threat New Member

Hello All ,
    First off this is a great forum - the more I read the more I know I need to read and inform myself , there is amazing bikes, info and stories within these cyber-walls. Sometimes its overwhelming. So much info to glean through, so......
    I was wondering if there was a way to have a state sub-forum. Somewhere that members could go and find others members in state , list rides by state, get together by state or region of the state, talk laws, legal and technical stuff, without having to wade through abunch of post that are not relative to you or the state you live in. Is there enough interest and is this a possibility?

Happy trails to you,
    Triple Threat

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hey trip; welcome. i dont believe that is possible yet but you can pm all the texans on members list.

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

4. TracyT

TracyT Member

Hey Triple Threat,

I joined the Saddle Tramp group. When you have a chance, please make a post in one of the general forums to attract some other members. I know there are several around. I'll PM some of those that I've met.

Tracy

5. gonzo fann

gonzo fann New Member

yes

yes it would be nice to find local rides

6. zackwyldefan

zackwyldefan Member

i think this what we all can do. just form groups with names of whatever state your' from and there you go. i am gonna see if someone made one for mine otherwise i'll start one.

7. stude13

stude13 Active Member

great idea, close ranks, maybe by religion, county, sexual proclivities, nose hair color or suspension parts. or is that another forum? if our members would include their home state or town and not act like they are in a witness protection program we could easily pm anyone within our limited range of interests. mitch

8. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

yes maybe just a tag next to our screen name telling what state we are in . i wouldn't want to exclude people or comments because they were not living close to me , i have met some great people and learned allot from people all over , but it would be nice to have some local friends to ride with.

9. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hey scoot; when we laid back nwesters figure when and where to hold the spring run what you brung ride-get together-fun run. i hope you give input and bring like minded friends from your area. on I5 its gonna be easy. mitch

10. zackwyldefan

zackwyldefan Member

well i was just too trucking lazy to fill out the info and stuff. yeah i have noticed it too that some (not all) do act like they r witness program, i wouldnt mind meeting local enthusiasts. for crying out loud may be can have a ride in the town together or may be form a riding group someday! i am gonna fill up the profile info **** might even put up a picture.

11. stude13

stude13 Active Member

there are many riders in your area and just up the coast a group of guys and one lovely rider hang out. they put on a two day getogether last year that i will ever forget. soon, mitch

12. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

what is a good way to search for members by state?

13. stude13

stude13 Active Member

you can go through the members list but still there are mb riders that are either ashamed to divulge that info or maybe they need cover.

14. zackwyldefan

zackwyldefan Member

true words. some mbers i feel like to hide it. i know two guys from here. but he lives upstate n the other is a little hacked out.

15. stude13

stude13 Active Member

its like going skinny dipping in cutoffs

16. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

im in portland oregon

17. zackwyldefan

zackwyldefan Member

you know i had this concept of joining/forming a riding group right here on this forum as most serious members happen to live far apart. i really wanted to form a named group as whenever i found some serious people they were always far apart so i thought may be can form the group right here and operate it right from here until it gains momentum

18. stude13

stude13 Active Member

its all cool, i believe texas has a group. its fun being together in the am and on different coasts.

19. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

The hard part is that on average there's a lot of miles between MBers. Even if we try, it might not be possible to form many groups that ride together.

And if we bring our conversations into segregated parts of the forum, then we're losing the priceless flow of info.

20. Virginia here close to Martinsville as well as close to North Carolina

any other Virginia or North Carolina members out here?