Staton Crank shift kit w/ Honda gx35 $400- 100 miles on kit .

This is a new kit just purchased a few months ago, works great, engine runs great. These are

about $800 new, so this quite a deal. I will get some pics up soon...My circumstances have changed drasticly so I no longer need the kit.........................Thanks

20150228_085829[1].jpg20150228_085903[1].jpg20150228_085925[1].jpg

Last edited:
Bill what did you like about that setup and what did you not like about that setup. I'm considering putting one on my Specialized Rockhopper 29er using the 50cc Honda motor.
Wayne

The Price !!, lol. The kit works quite well, the only thing that was "different" for me was the lag when shifting gears 'cause you need to or should drop the rpm's some but I never shifted that much. I would not use the Staton "cups" that come with the kit, they stripped out a bike on me, he does not cut the threads properly.He has another brand that work great, they are black in color, had no problems with those. Also, no real instructions. It's not that difficult but something would be better than nothing. Thats about it really.

Thank you for your reply Bill. Someone is going to get a great deal when they buy your unit. I already have the Honda 50 motor with a Stanton friction drive on it or I'd be buying yours! My motor and my pedal axle and chain rings are at David Stantons shop already. David is going to remove the friction drive and put a clutch on it and swap my Specialized pedals out onto his assembly. Fortunately David's shop is a mornings drive from me so I've gotten to know him. He cautioned me about the shifting. Fortunately I've had a bunch of motorcycles since I was 13 so I already have the habit of dropping the throttle, shifting and then accelerating. Most cyclists with rear derailuers do this to some degree.

Planning to use it as a drop off vehicle for canoeing, hang gliding and backpacking primarily, but will also use it for play and perhaps a few long distance reconteur rides.

I pull 2-5 gallon water containers (80 lbs) + my 5 yr old @ 45 lbs no problem. I was not impressed with Statons customer service at all, his staff seems ok but it seems like "the cats' got his tongue", in conversations/dealings with him I always find myself saying to myself "Why didn't you just say that in the first place", Don't use his BB cups ! or use them at your own risk !!

I like David and I trust him. I went by his shop before I headed up to Alaska for a few months and after I got back I started planning my new build.

Bought a Specialized 29er and a Honda GHX 50 Honda motor and dropped it and my pedal axles off with him to do some work on. David and I have been busy but now that spring is approaching I may have to take a few days off and go see him again and get my bike completed. With the weather we've been having down here in the South it hasn't had me wanting to ride much.

Gonna drop the price to $300 see if any takers, will part out after that, add $25 for shipping...Thanks.

Bill did you get yours together and put some miles on it? I'm riding mine but still doing finishing work on it. Got my twist grip throttle in but it didn't come with a cable adjuster so that set me back another week waiting on a part. Accelerates decently, climbs hills easily and currently does 35 on the flats. I believe Im running out of my torque curve with my gearing. Considering swapping out my output gear on my torque converter and put more teeth on the output.

Back