Staton-Inc.com rules!

Thanks for the compliments

Thanks to all for the compliments on the machine. If you're ever in Tucson, stop by for a ride.

Jeff

On the inner side there was a bolt and cap that helped to keep the shaft in place. What did you use in place of that? Thanks for the details, I'm going to turn this down on my own lathe (works actually) and use it as a project. But the ideas you've given so far are taking the guess work out of it. :cool:

Threaded hole

On the inner side there was a bolt and cap that helped to keep the shaft in place. What did you use in place of that? Thanks for the details, I'm going to turn this down on my own lathe (works actually) and use it as a project. But the ideas you've given so far are taking the guess work out of it. :cool:

I had the machine shop also put a threaded hole in the end like the original shaft had. I use the stock screw and cap to perform the same duty as with the original shaft. If you look closely in the photo, you'll see the silver colored cap in place. It works just like it did in stock form. =)

Jeff in Tucson

Attachments

• 1ShaftFreewheel.jpg
    1ShaftFreewheel.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 486
Nice trike

I have a catrike speed that i have put a friction drive on. I have the Mitsubishi TLE 43 two stroke on it with staton's 1.25" roller. My trike cruises at 25 to 28 and i can push it to 33. I was thinking about going to the honda 4 stroke but im not sure how bad the weight difference would effect me.

I'm considering a similar set-up, but in Oregon I can only use a 35cc engine. I wonder how well that would work.

Back