Staton-inc Nightmare continues !

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by Bill P, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Bill P

Bill P Member

Bought a staton crank shift kit received incomplete kit and David refuses to make it right. The front Gear box support bolt that runs through the U-bolt is used to align the chain and drive gears, he sent me a 3/8" bolt with two nuts to accomplish this, there should be coupling nuts included to lock the gear box in place, he did not send them, he seems to think I should go out and buy them, this is a $800 kit mind you. Also, no tension spring included for the chain rollers. I send him e mails regarding this and he either ignores them or gives me one or two word replies. The BB cups he manufactures ruined a $200 bike, he refuses to accept the fact that they are machined improperly. I hope I can get this kit together, I guess I can use nuts and washers as spacers on the front support bolt, it's just been very frustrating, no instructions, wrong/missing parts and no customer service......Never again.

2. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

Just wait till you get it put together and the gearbox whines so loud, you can hear it over the engine.

3. Bill P

Bill P Member

I can live with that if it allows me to climb the hills here in town, if I was on flat land I'd have the f/d set up and cruising by now.

4. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

5. rawly old

rawly old Member

Dave can be a stubborn ****. He makes a decent friction kit, but beyond that, you're
    in uncharted waters. I went round & round with him over a defective part,(expensive too)
    I sent him pictures & explained multiple times. Finally he conned me, "send me the
    part & I'll look at it." So I did, & never got anything back, not a replacement, not the
    part, and not my money. That's been some years back & he's never gotten another
    dime from me. It's more work, but I make my own parts with ,file, grinder, & dremel.

6. Bill P

Bill P Member

I've been trying to get him to send me a tensioning spring three times now which was never recieved in the original shipment. I lost 3 of the shcs's that bolt the gear case together through vibration (I guess they don't use any thread-lock ??) I told him about it and he e-mailed me to tell me what size they were, if it's my business I send the customer 3-new screws no questions asked. I guess he makes most of his money doing other things, this bike stuff may just be a hobby, the bad threads on the BB cups is really unbelievable though, especially when ha has others in stock that work great.