Staton Twin Engine Gearbox??????

Also...if anyone has a link to it that would be great. I can't find it now to save my life.
I checked my history and everything.

Still no one has tried this box? I was about 3 seconds from buying it but getting info from Staton is like pulling teeth.
My concern is the disclaimer at the bottom of the page declaring the smaller 12 tooth gear can be noisey and is not recommended for bikes or trikes. However 12 tooth is NOT the smaller gear....the gear options go down to 8 tooth. So Im not sure if that is a typo or is there an 12 tooth gear common to all these dual engine kits(and thus they are all noisey)
I would also like to know if it fits Honda GX 50's.....if anyone knows please let me know.

Sorry to ask but I just can not seem to get any useful info from Staton.

I can say from experience that the twelve tooth gear staton is speaking of is an internal gear (one that is attached to the shaft ofthe clutch drum) where the variable sizes of gears you spoke of are the drive gears that the chain runs off of.

The box is noisy but we ride motored bikes which are inherently noisy and if youre running two motors, i never found it to be a big deal. I ran two gx35's and it actually sounded pretty cool, like a bi-plane.

Staton sells an adapter for the gx50 but you would be awfully wide on your set up. My gp460 is faster than two gx35s but i have to deal with all of the issues associated with 2 strokes.

If you have any more detailed questions let me know or you can ask hawaii_ed, i gave him my dual box.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

I had pickettdeblanco's twin-engine gearbox and shipped it to Staton in September. I am playing one-way phone tag with the vendor. AFAIK, he has not started working on it.:poop:

I can say from experience that the twelve tooth gear staton is speaking of is an internal gear (one that is attached to the shaft ofthe clutch drum) where the variable sizes of gears you spoke of are the drive gears that the chain runs off of.

The box is noisy but we ride motored bikes which are inherently noisy and if youre running two motors, i never found it to be a big deal. I ran two gx35's and it actually sounded pretty cool, like a bi-plane.

Staton sells an adapter for the gx50 but you would be awfully wide on your set up. My gp460 is faster than two gx35s but i have to deal with all of the issues associated with 2 strokes.

If you have any more detailed questions let me know or you can ask hawaii_ed, i gave him my dual box.

Thanks, about the 12 tooth gear...that is what I thought. THe wording on the site was just a little confusing. Im about to take off on a cross country trip in the Spring and I dont think I would enjoy the noise for that long.
I think I was looking for an excuse not buy my fourth engine kit from Staton because of the poor customer service. That'll do just fine:)

I had pickettdeblanco's twin-engine gearbox and shipped it to Staton in September. I am playing one-way phone tag with the vendor. AFAIK, he has not started working on it.:poop:

Yes, that is another concern. I worry that if ther customer service is this bad while I still have my money in my pocket it wont get better once it is in their pocket.

I was talking to staton the other day about getting new bearings for my gear box and he mentioned he had the twin engine box. Hes not the best people person but he does have a product no one else provides... =\

Nope, never bought the twin engine gearbox. I was told that it would overpower my Nuvinci and I didnt want that.

Thanks, about the 12 tooth gear...that is what I thought. THe wording on the site was just a little confusing. Im about to take off on a cross country trip in the Spring and I dont think I would enjoy the noise for that long.
I think I was looking for an excuse not buy my fourth engine kit from Staton because of the poor customer service. That'll do just fine:
Again, the noise produced by the gearbox is evident but nothing compared to the actual motors. Good luck on your trip!

My take on customer relations:
Many of the venders we use are one man shows. If they are like Dave Staton, they are busy making parts, assembling parts, packing parts, shipping parts, and rebuilding parts.
If they are the phone with you, they aren't doing the other stuff. Some of us stay on the phone too long, ask too many stoopid questions, and all the time the machines are quiet. You can't pay for quality machines unless they are working. You can't build quality parts if you aren't paying attention to the process. This is not Walmart.
The other side is Blow by you. Terry Blow worked hard at making a go of it. Decent parts prices, lots of variety, good customer relations, "how to" videos, and he built bikes too. Look up his website. He's having to go to work doing something else to feed his family. Vince @ Venice told me he gets 150 e-mails a day, and it makes it hard to get work done answering all the e-mails and telephone calls.
I've bought from Staton because when in doubt, buy the best. I hate having to redo cheap stuff. I'll keep trying until I get through.

Back