Staton's Selling NuVinci Hubs For $229.00!!!

Thanks. I'm gonna run it through a frame-mounted 2-stroke engine and shift kit. Should be stronger than my rear derailleur.:geek:

Probably, and more trouble free for sure. Mine is on a heavy stretch pulling a trailer. I only have about 400 miles on it so far, but the hub is the most durable part of the whole rig, seems absolutely bullet proof. I'm running a Titan with a 20 - 1 ratio into the hub. It gives me speeds of 8 mph wound tight at low end to more speed capability than I have power at top end. Biggest problem I have is matching pedals to engine. I'm looking for a bigger chain ring so I can pedal at 25 +. Now I pedal out at about 18 and at low end I can be pedalling furiously and barely be able to balance. Unbelievable range.

Minuses would be weight...it isn't the lightest thing in the world, but for me I don't notice it. Also, you have to back off power to change speed until about mid range......just a matter of learning the proper technique. Also, it has to be consuming some power, but the efficiency gained by ratio choice makes up for it.

Another nice thing is that between Staton inc and Fallbrook Technologies and probably others, there are all sorts of bits and pieces available to make it a nearly bolt on installation. I'm waiting for my PowerBall ticket to win so I can try the auto shift that Fallbrook has available. :whistle: I'm sure I bought a ticket. :giggle:

As I said, I think you will be pleased. I'll be watching this to see how you make out.

Thanks for tips. I just wanted everyone to know about the fantastic deal. Just last week, Staton was selling the same NV hubs for over $350!:geek:

FYI, Staton quickly pointed out that his warranty wouldn't cover the hub while using a high-powered engine. My Mits 2.2hp was okay with him, since he offers that engine/trans/NV combination.

Denny, I'll be posting my blog about my NV hub in the "Frame-Mount Section" of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
The discount is most likely due to the fact that NV now has a disclaimer against using an engine with their hubs. Using an engine will void the warranty. I have only known of one NV that gave up the ghost with engine power, and that was after thousands of miles of HARD use.

Back