steamtrac - germany

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by steamtrac, Dec 16, 2008.

1. steamtrac

steamtrac New Member

Hi Guys,

Im an enthusiastic model engineer from Germany. And now I want to make a start in motored bicycles! I hope to get some serious help from you, and I hope that my questions will not get too anoying.... ;-)

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, steamtrac.

Don't worry about questions. You'll find that the members like to share tips. Though you would be wise to read, read, read. If you do that, then you're a lot more likely to ask the best questions.

Good luck
  3. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

If you live in Germany, you have access to some fine old -timey bike motors. I see them all the time on Germany's E Bay.
  4. steamtrac

steamtrac New Member

yeah, there are some bikes for sale from time to time, but i am pretty new to the scene. but my personal favorite at the moment is the whizzer! this is almost unknown in europe as far as i know.
  5. Baverian

Baverian Member

Gruess Dich (greetings to you, in german)! I lived in Solingen back in the 60's where I trained to become
    a Kfz-Mechaniker (auto mechanic). Please tell us a little more about yourself Steamtrac.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to der forum. I'll help you build a motorized bike if you can help me do a brake job on my 2006 VW Jetta.
    The brakes on my Corvette were much easier to fix!
  7. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

For anyone interested in seeing the old motors , go on E Bay, scroll to bottom, & select Germany, & then type in " Hilfsmotor." They usually have some nice older ones on there.
  8. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  9. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome -- take your time -- look around -- have fun

there are many kind motor bike souls here to call on

then when you have your MB going have a blast as you

ride that THING