Stingray chopper mounting help!!!

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by jwibbity, May 1, 2007.

1. jwibbity

jwibbity Guest

what extra parts will i have to buy to mount a engine on a stingray cause i know you need extra parts but i dont know what and where to get them

2. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

you will need 2 things to get the bike up and running, first is a motor mount from barry ebay #270115475365 don't buy any other as it will break and crack, trust me l know.
    [​IMG]
    the other part you will need is a hub adapter, livefast sells them on ebay but l didn't see them on there, but im sure that you can call him and he will sell you one (801) 830-8465
    [​IMG]
    these hub adapters will save you alot of time, with the spacing of the rear wheel and chain. im telling you this because l bought all this stuff and l know what will work and what dosen't. just trying to save you money!!!!! :razz: and headaches. :x

3. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

here is the ebay # 280110752254 for the hub adapter . also, put this in the ebay search on top of this page, it helps pay for the site, thx

4. Patch

Patch Guest

Well Im a fellow Chopper motorizer... but i already splurged and bought the engine mount and now Im broke for the sprocket adapter :cry: So i was thinking about doing this with PVC pipe for the little part that pushes it out a little and then duper thick aluminum or possibly steel for the actual peice the sprocket screws into (but with bolts)

Would this work? COuld someone gimme in depth dimmensions or close up and different angled shots?

AMAZING HELP GUYS!!!!!!!

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

haha I fixed it (double post)
    I dont think pvc is gonna work dude...not strong enough
    I needed five rubber spacers to clear my 3" tire :shock: ... you've got a 4.5 to clear :?

6. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

your gonna need that adapter, the spokes on that rim are at such an angle that those rubber spacers will not work, and even if you do get it on there some how(8 rubber spacers later) is gonna rip that rim to rat crap. l wouldn't trust it.
    the safest way to do it would be to get the adapter, l know you probably don't like this info but, better to be safe than sorry.

7. jwibbity

jwibbity Guest

now that i know how to mount it, is there any way you can fit a smaller sprocket on the chopper because i dont really care about tourque, i want top speed

8. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

I took a regular steel bicycle 44th sprocket and drilled the center hole out just enough so it would slip over the bearing housing and the drilled hole right on the hub flange. This way you don't have to worry about hashing on your spokes.

Dan

9. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

l have a 36t sproket on my bike, also have a 32t sproket that l can put on or my 48t sproket, but with out the hub adapter l don't see how your gonna mount it. do what you want, good luck to ya

10. StarfighterX

StarfighterX Guest

Heres a hub adaptor for you guys

EDIT: looks like spam to me...NO billboarding!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  11. Fly_boy_bc

Fly_boy_bc Guest

Please Help! I have been trying to find the vendors and parts mentioned in this and all of the threads about the Stingray chopper. Livefast and "Barry" seem to have vanished! Doues anybody have a web address for these guys?

12. Fly_boy_bc

Fly_boy_bc Guest

I found Live Fast by adding the space (Not livefast) but barry is still eluding me

13. azbill

azbill Active Member

14. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Azvinnie is right. I bought both of the engine mount and the sprocket mount from barry on ebay. Excellent quality welds and milling! I also bought the chopper long exhaust from him, it fit perfectly aswell. I'd highly suggest it.

15. azbill

azbill Active Member

the long exhaust from barry is a nice piece...
    but it is a staight pipe and very loud (loud pipes DO save lives)
    unfortunately, it has caused us to be noticed a lot more by 'the man'
    just a little warning !!!

ps. vinnie changed out the pipe for a quieter one from livefast

16. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Correction, I think I may have bought my pipe from LiveFast on ebay. Sorry.
    It definitely has a baffle and is designed like the stock pipes except the manifold is much longer. My pipe actually tends to deepen the exhaust note and bring the volume down a bit. The one at spookytooth looks nice aswell. I like the bend in it, looks like it would tuck underneath the bike a bit more. Got a nasty burn on my calf from mine because I stupidly wore shorts that day.

17. Fly_boy_bc

Fly_boy_bc Guest

Barry is great!

I just want everyone to know that Barrys' motor mount is fantastic! I KNOW this beefy piece will not be bending or breaking any time soon. His exhaust looks better than anybody elses' but here in BC it is ALWAYS illegal to mount a gas engine to a bike frame (electric only) so noise reduction is VERY important here.

18. Fly_boy_bc

Fly_boy_bc Guest

Oh, The hub adapter from Live Fast is also a very well made item but I won't be using their stock bolts.(they look very cheap to me) Otherwise 10/10

19. Fly_boy_bc

Fly_boy_bc New Member

Barry is STILL on Ebay

Just so everybody knows Barry is STILL on Ebay and the link above still shows his products. He does not seem to have hub adapters anymore but he now has a long exhaust MOD kit that allows you to mount your stock (or modified) muffler on a long pipe. Looks as good as ever and it should be as quiet as any muffled Chinese 2 stroke (which is to say kinda loud LOL). It is inexpensive and looks great on an OCC Stingray or chop-alike like mine. I will be purchasing one soon.

Gary in BC

20. Evil

Evil New Member

I drilled new holes in a 36 tooth sprocket to fit the 44 tooth rubber spacers ..
    Trimmed part of the tensioner off to run the chain above the lower swingarm..
    Been riding it for two years now..