Stolen stolen bike

Honesty is usually the best policy - even being honest I have been attacked twice..

Not being honest means there is a fair chance of ending up like Gwen Arujo or Brandon Teena.

Have a look at the following films if you are curious -
Boys Dont Cry
Transamerica
The Crying Game.

I would NOT recommend leaving the first of these around where curious kids could find it, its not the most pleasant - I have only ever managed to watch it 3/4 of the way through.

Apologies about this being off topic, but, well, I was asked *bats eyelashes*

Jemma xx

That all right. You are surrounded by kindred souls here. This is going to pass. God gives us a full lifetime before we get judged. We should all do the same. But trust me, it gets really hard sometimes. As I get older though, it is getting easier. And living with a mean woman helps though. (JUST KIDDING)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Whish we were there to help. Here in Texas horse thieves were hanged. I've got a rope.

jemma that sucks big time. i hope you are able to recover it. to most of us this is not just a bicycle. it is something our hearts went into to build. took me over a year just to get up the nerve to try to build one and that first time it started was like wow i made this. we all take great pride in our bycycles. we built them and contantly work on them to keep them at thier best. money can not replace something like that. i pray all is well and you get it back

I guess I should answer the question since I sorta brought it up ... teach me to be careful that I dont write when I am angry *sigh*

I have a condition that falls under the IS banner, IS being InterSex. Specifically I have Harry Benjamin Syndrome, which I am currently in treatment for. I have already effectively lost my family over this and due to my 'consultants' dragging their feet and the huuuggggeee loopholes in the anti-discrimination laws here I havent worked in 3 years... one person suggested to me that building GEBE kits for people might be a good idea lol, I am sorely tempted right now...

The problem it causes with the police is that their idea of open minded is somewhere around 1860 and their repect for the anti-discrimination laws is worse...

Oddly enough I got a phonecall from them, and half of the details of the bike have already 'gone missing' *sigh*. I dont know why I even bothered.

on the upside I am about to order the engine kit - it will probably be the 32cc engine as apparently the Zenoah replacement isnt what it could be..

Jemma xx

I didn't even know that condition exists but regardless discrimination isn't right for anyone about anything such as religion, sex, etc. I'm surprised you believe they might not try to find your bike because of who you are, that's pretty dumb. I hope things work out for you.

I didn't even know that condition exists but regardless discrimination isn't right for anyone about anything such as religion, sex, etc. I'm surprised you believe they might not try to find your bike because of who you are, that's pretty dumb. I hope things work out for you.

Most people dont know it exists... and they are the luckiest in the world.

I am trying to find it but I dont hold out much hope - mainly because the police arent even all that interested in murders here - let alone anything else... but the major reason is quite simple - If I can break down a GEBE bike in 15-20 minutes to component parts so can anyone else with any level of mechanical aptitude...

As to 'being what I am' hindering me in life - trust me - it does and probably always will, and it hinders every IS/TS/HBS individual because of peoples inbuilt discrimination and the stupid laws out here..

In the US there was a recent case of a 24 year old woman who was involved in a car smash - she was pretty beat up with some internal injuries that could be fixed up no problem. She bled out and died because she was Transsexual and the doctors refused to treat her. See below.

Tyra Hunter (circa 1970 - August 7, 1995) was a 24 year old transsexual woman who died after being injured as a passenger in a car accident. Emergency medical technicians at the scene of the accident uttered derogatory epithets and withdrew medical care after discovering her birth sex, and ER staff at DC General Hospital subsequently provided dilatory and inadequate care.

On December 11, 1998 a jury awarded Tyra's mother, Margie Hunter, $2,873,000 after finding the District of Columbia guilty of negligence and malpractice. While $500,000 of the amount was awarded for damages attributable to the withdrawal of medical care at the accident scene, a further $1,500,000 was for conscious pain and suffering endured by Tyra in the emergency room as the result of medical malpractice. Dana Priesing, an observer at the wrongful death trial, wrote that the evidence supported "the inference that a stereotype (namely that Tyra was an anonymous, drug using, TG street person) affected the treatment Tyra received," and that the "ER staff, as evidenced by their actions, did not consider her life worth saving."

sadly that sort of treatment is fairly typical.

for example... I am protected from discrimination in a job... but only if I can prove it... when it comes to job interviews I have no protection against discrimination at all. I have had people querying who I am and flat out putting the phone down on me assuming I am someone else - that or being offensive..

so effectively I am barely protected from discrimination in work - and that only if I can prove it, but in order to get that far I have to meet a manager or three in interviews - who are my fathers age and mentality... given that his number one comment in my memory regarding a suicide attempt was 'you cant even get that right' do you really think these people would hire me given the choice of an identically skilled natal male/female?

And that is not the worst of it - since name change my bank has gone from being helpful to downright insulting and incapable... I'd give credit but the timing is just toooo perfect.

I am not going to rant at anyone here - but the simple fact is that there are very few people who could go through what I have been through since the age of 5-6 years old and be sane after a month...

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:Jemma, they may steal your bicycle, but they cannot take your honor and your character.

Myron

I don't know if it would help but have you ever considered using a digital recorder to document every phone call, etc. That's what I did when I was falsely arrested back in March. I had the whole thing on tape.

jemma check your pm's. i would like to donate a little help to get you transportation again. the world is full of lots of idiots their is no way around them but most people are good.

I don't know if it would help but have you ever considered using a digital recorder to document every phone call, etc. That's what I did when I was falsely arrested back in March. I had the whole thing on tape.

I have been tempted, and i have done that with consultants meetings using a mobile phone that they didnt realise was able to record voice :)

I just had the police leave here. I was attacked on monday/tuesday night and my friend found me unconcious. I remember nothing of it apart from being semi concious in the hospital...

I dont seem to have any bruising that I can tell but I am pretty shook up and it could have been a whole lot more serious *sigh*

Jemma xx

Back