Stolen Stolen - Santa Cruz, CA

I agree.. Steeling is..

I agree..Steeling is one of the worst crimes. Hang em high I say. That is a beautiful bike for sure !! I hope you get it back !!!

They caught the guy that stole your bike !!

According to channel 9 in Denver, the thief made it all the way to Denver !!

Give em' a call, make a claim !

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74612

DENVER - After seeing a 9NEWS Crime Stoppers report on a string of expensive bike thefts, an alert viewer left a tip that lead to the arrest of the man police say is responsible.

Denver Police arrested Todd Brunette, 43, after he tried to sell a stolen motorized scooter in the 900 block of Madison Street. He is now also charged in the theft of that scooter.

Police say Brunette will be charged with theft and forgery in the thefts of several bicycles and auto theft in connection with the theft of the scooter.

Detectives are still investigating how many thefts Brunette might be responsible for.

Brunette is accused of giving bike stores fake drivers' licenses so he could test drive expensive bikes. After leaving the bogus license behind the bike store owners say Brunette never returned.

Police say Brunette hit at least three different bike shops, including Turin Bicycles at 700 Lincoln, Cycle Analyst at 722 South Pearl and most recently on Saturday, the Singletrack Factory at 1005 S. Gaylord.

All of the stolen bikes ranged in price from $1,500 to $3,000.

Hang em high !

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found my bike posted on craigslist last night. A sting was setup today, with the help of local police officers. The thief was caught, though probably he will get off.

The motor looks to be in poor shape. I'd only gone 50miles on the motor, and I imagine the thief didn't take very good care of my ride. I'll fix it up, but it might not be ethical to sell it again.. or maybe that's my excuse to keep the ride :)

Sadly, he's a 16-17yr old neighbor. I'm worried about retribution, but I really want to talk to him & his parents and find out what the **** is on his mind. Why steal?

So, moral: (1) record your serial #s. (2) Don't lose hope, your bike might be recoverable!

WOW cool glad you got it back.

I'm not surprized it was a local kid that nabbed it,(actually I kind of thought it would be) kids do stupid things, god knows I did when I was a kid.

Sadly, he's a 16-17yr old neighbor. I'm worried about retribution, but I really want to talk to him & his parents and find out what the **** is on his mind. Why steal?
Isn't our system great someone steals from you, gets caught and YOU have to worry about retribution.

I think I know what was on his mind was this : COOL bike - I want one - I'm broke - I'll steal that one - I'll sell it and buy that other cool thing I want etc..etc..etc.

How many other things has he sold thru craigslist ??? (makes me wonder)

16 or 17

16 or 17 years old is no kid for sure. Hang em !!! I hope the punk gets what is coming to him. Thief !!! In Some countries you get a hand chopped off for such a crime. I can understand why. Stealing is one of the worst crimes for sure !!! His parents raised a thief !!! He should at least buy you 2 engine kits for payment. And then horse whip him..Then let him go.. Hang him next time.

Glad you got the bike back

It's typical of 'kids' these days - parents give no rules or boundaries to their kids growing up, and then when they are adults or practically adults they do whatever they want. They've never been told NO and they've had everything in their life handed to them by their parents.

not enuff butt-kickin' going on these days...young folks are getting the wrong impression by rampant permissiveness..."an eye for an eye" needs to make a comeback, then the lil punks'll think twice...it ticks me off that the victim has to be worried, go kick his butt and get it over with <---not really, because then justice would be swift...against you!

try this: go talk to the kid's family & demand retribution for repairs...then insist he has to help with the repairs, maybe some positive exposure could turn the tide?

Back